AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really want to watch movies on a big screen that's why i considered thinking on buying FP but our living room has an ambient light around and there"s no way i can control it, we don't have dark room in our house, when i think big screen FP comes to my mind and its cheaper than any tv display in the world, please any suggestion or advise? really, i really want FP.
please help.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
There's always a way to control light (blackout shades, lamps with shades, etc). It's a choice. You can either choose to control it or not to, but it is still a choice, nonetheless.

As much direct sunlight as possible MUST be blocked from hitting the screen directly. Use shaded indoor light for the best ambient light image and combine the proejctor with a grey or silver screen. If you can do both you can get a pretty nice ambient light image.

If you don't go front projection you are missing out BIG time.
$899 now buys you 720p HD DLP and about $600 can get you 480p EDTV DLP. Good times, good times.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
what % of your viewing do you do during the day vs. at night? since 90% of my viewing is done after sundown, the ambient light issue is really not much of a factor. really the only time it's a problem is when i'm watching sports on weekends...and then i use my cheapo blackout shades to make the room watchable. unless you work at night and do all your viewing during the day i'd say it's worth it to get a projector, even if you have to keep a small tv around for the times your room is just to bright.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks sir, i already had sony 50"rptv in our living room but bigger is better, our tv was placed far away against the back wall and there's no way i can placed this near the back wall, if i will have this PJ where will i put the projection screen, by the way we always watched tv especially movies at night.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Buy a projector and enjoy it at night. The ambient light is a great excuse to keep the television off for a bit...

In a couple of weeks, you'll likely enoy the projector so much you'll find yourself at a fabric store looking for blackout cloth to sew onto the back of your curtains. Or maybe nighttime viewing will suffice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i can able to get this PJ can i place the projection screen 6' from the wall or hang it in front of our 50" rptv? i still don't want to remove my tv in our living room cause i want to use this alternate to PJ. any advise please before i can decide.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardochu /forum/post/0

if i can able to get this PJ can i place the projection screen 6' from the wall or hang it in front of our 50" rptv? i still don't want to remove my tv in our living room cause i want to use this alternate to PJ. any advise please before i can decide.

Seek out some avs projectorheads in your area. Have a look-see (take notes). You may be closer than you think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.