AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just bought the sony 52nx800. Great tv, picture is crip and sharp.

I only have one problem, which is input lag while gaming and i game alot. So i want to make sure this tv is good for gaming since i still have 30 days for exchange.

so what does exactly input lag look like or can i even feel it?

I dont see it but i think can feel it, also im not sure about it, is this lag or is it just me going from a 20in sd to big screen.

I turn everything off already, does anyone know what is the input lag on sony led and do they all have no game mode?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is i do feel it. I cant believe sony tv doesnt have game mode when they make game console.

Most important question, does game mode really make a big difference on lcd?

I had a 4 years old dlp and game mode didnt make a difference but is a dlp.

I know that all game mode does is turning off all the extra processing but with my sony having everything off, do you think theres still some processing that still on by defult?

I cant beleive i didnt look into this, what is better set that you guys know thats good for gaming?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheng187 /forum/post/19570244

The thing is i do feel it. I cant believe sony tv doesnt have game mode when they make game console.

Most important question, does game mode really make a big difference on lcd?

I had a 4 years old dlp and game mode didnt make a difference but is a dlp.

I know that all game mode does is turning off all the extra processing but with my sony having everything off, do you think theres still some processing that still on by defult?

I cant beleive i didnt look into this, what is better set that you guys know thats good for gaming?

You absolutely need to select the game mode (on sony's 2010 Tv, you have to change the SCENE to GAME). Once you have it on SCENE GAME, you can try to see if you notice lag. If you don't you are probably all set. In today's LCD, the game mode makes a BIG difference. The signal your TV received is manipulated, processed LOT now to try to make it looks good which requires some time which in the end creates input lag. The Game mode will reduce or eliminate most of those picture processing and this reduce input lag.

You will also notice that the game mode (or scene in your TV's case) will deactivate much of the processing, even motionflow. That's normal, motionflow, by definition, add frames to make smooth transition/motion but by adding frames, it adds delays which results in bad game performances.

If you haven't switch the scene, than it's normal that you notice input lag. Try switching the scene and let us know if that fixed your problem.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheng187 /forum/post/19572214

Thanks for the respond, where can i locate "scene" ?

The thing is, i dont even think i have game mode on my sony nx800.

I even look in advance setting and nothing.

No trust me, you have a game mode or rather a game scene on your Tv. In the menu, I think Sony uses the XMB menu (like on the playstation 3). In the menu, under preferences or something ,you will find "Scenes". Once you click on it, you will have a screen with different screens like Game, Standard, Sports, vivid, cinema, etc. make sure you set up on "game" and try again.

I down own a 2010 sony tv at the moment, you I don't remember the exact menu settings.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I honestly can say "i love u'' no ****.

So i found scene and select game, so is this the same as game mode?

Im going to find out as soon as i get off work. wooo if this work, you save me the return processing headach and a thousand bucks i was gonna upgrade to a 3d set.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheng187 /forum/post/19572339

I honestly can say "i love u'' no ****.

So i found scene and select game, so is this the same as game mode?

Im going to find out as soon as i get off work. wooo if this work, you save me the return processing headach and a thousand bucks i was gonna upgrade to a 3d set.

Thanks again.

Yes, the Game scene is Sony's game mode. Try it and let us know.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is alot better but there is some noticeable difference campare to my old dlp.

I know that crt have 0 lag but what about dlp?

Strach that, im thinking about upgrading the 3d samsung unxxc7000.

Anyone know hows samsung for gaming and will it be a upgrade from my current nx800?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheng187 /forum/post/19586621

Is alot better but there is some noticeable difference campare to my old dlp.

I know that crt have 0 lag but what about dlp?

Strach that, im thinking about upgrading the 3d samsung unxxc7000.

Anyone know hows samsung for gaming and will it be a upgrade from my current nx800?

Samsung are worst than sony in that regards. If input lag is a real concern of yours then you might want to look into Sharp or Lg's TV. For the Lg's, make sure you do some research as not all their models are great. As far as Sharp goes, it's a sure bet. Sharp's TV in game mode are amoung the fastest TV regarding input lag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts