AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a Denon 1612 receiver. The buttons on the remote were "mashed". Now when the TV goes on so does the receiver. I cannot find any easy way to revert to the previous setup, where I turned the receiver on by itself.

I turn it on for only movies. Constantly turning it on and off every time the TV goes on, is annoying and is probably not good for the receiver in the long run.

I tried the buttons on the remote, they seem to do nothing but change Inputs or Volume. AMP or Menu button do nothing now on the receivers screen. The four TV and Device buttons on bottom of the remote do nothing either.

Here is a picture of the screen. Maybe that Auto on the display is the issue.

DSCF5250.JPG 2386k .JPG file

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that will work but then I cannot control the receivers volume with the TV remote when I have the receiver on.

I had it to where, the receiver goes on when I want it to and I could also control the receivers volume with the TV remote when the receiver was on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it was maybe a simple button combination on the remote that would fix it. I tried any and every combination on the remote. I will just reset the receiver and go through the setup process.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts