AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried everything and can't figure out why my projector shuts off on me when I first turn it on? Does it have to be in a warm up mode for a certain amount of time before it will project? When it shuts off I get a "P F" (although the F is upside down) and then sometimes I get a 19 in the code display. The yellow led is blinking when I turn it on and the manual said something about improper connections. I have checked and rechecked all connections and everything is proper. It will start up and run the fan if I don't give it a signal and then about 5 seconds after I turn on a signal it shuts down. I have to remove the power and let it reset and then after a few times it will kick out a picture. Once running it will run just fine as long as I want it to. Please help ... anyone....

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Polaris,

While its running look in the settings mode and make sure your in stand alone mode unless you use a controller with the control cable hooked up, if thats the case it needs to be in switch level 1. If you get this our of sync you will need to pull the power on both units for 30 seconds then turn on as a system.

Second thing to try is to store-enter a lower contrast setting around 30 when its running, if it stays running slowly raise the contrast to see if this is what shuts it down, if it does the protect 1-2 is mis adjusted on the HV power board.

Hard to trouble shoot this without "hearing" what its doing. Doug

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug thankyou very much. Seems to be that it was the standalone setting. I had seen that before but didn't have it set right. Now it does not blink when I turn it on and starts right up for the first time. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.