1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's tough..I'm really stuck and looking for suggestions

1) DTC-100 with dual 18" dishes

2) Perfect Vision 22KHz Multi-switch

3)101 sat on dish 1 119 sat on dish 2 (yes I tried the other way too)

4)Either sat dish works with switch bypassed

5)With switch installed, signal ok on 101 but no signal on 119

Bad switch, you say? Works fine on a different DirecTV plus receiver (I get 101 channels and NASA channel no problem).

Bad DTC-100 you say? I put a scope on the lead, when tuned to 199, and I get 18V DC with a nice little 21.5 KHz square wave (800mV) riding on top. I think this should drive the switch OK.

Any experts have any other insights?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I fought that battle, turns out my DTC-100 tone generator was bad. If you know your switch is good and the dishs are aligned (and worked bypassed) then I would say it is the receiver. I bet you get channel 400 in English instead of Spanish - another sign that it is your receiver.

If it is off warranty, Thomson will do an exchange for $249. That is what I did and Thomson had it to me in two days.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I had the exact same symptoms as you but with a Channel Master 6904 multiswitch. I then tried the Perfect Vision 22KHz Multi-switch and it works perfect. So, it might be worth trying another switch before exchanging your DCT-100.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who replied...Bogney I had exactly the opposite issue as you...exchanged the Perfect Vision for the 6904 IFD and all's well! Too bad we couldn't swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.