AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a viewsonic 6221 connected via vga to my computer and im running a nvidia 560. I just got a pair of dlp link glasses and have several sidebyside 3d movies on my computer I downloaded. Ive tried both "kmplayer" and "stereoscopic player" with my content and both show up on screen as if i need the old fashioned blue/red glasses . I have dlp link enabled on the projector and the glasses are on but like i said the movie shows up as if i need red/blue glasses. is there somthing else i need to set somewhere? the projector is 120hz do i need to change something on my computer side? should I use a different player? as i said before these movies are in sidebyside format until opened in one of the players.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nvidia does not allow 120Hz sequential, which what you projector will accept. You need 3d vision emitter attached for it to work.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You dont need any additional equipment as long as tou have the 3d glasses and your pj supports SBS mode.

Use mediplayer home cinema. A sbs movie is just a split image 2d movie and any player is capable of playing SbS movies, but MPHC is the best player out there.

You need to select the SBS option on your PJ so it knows what to do with it. It should then play in 3d.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Okay well I did all that but the 3d image was still blurry on and off so now i guess my next question is. do I have to push 120hz or just 60? also could me using a painted white wall have anything to do with maybe my glasses are not getting a good dlp signal? is there anyway to test that the projector is emitting a good signal (which is just a flash of light right?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I even just spoke with viewsonic online tech support and the 6221 will accept side by side 3D movies with dlp link glasses.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Try using the latest PowerDVD it has a free 30 day trial. It has options you can specifically select for your type of movie source and your display type.

Even though I don't have DLP I have LCD and they work differently. PowerDVD is the only way I can view Blu-ray ISO's.

·
Registered
813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masika  /t/1520336/please-help-with-3d-setup#post_24431996

I even just spoke with viewsonic online tech support and the 6221 will accept side by side 3D movies with dlp link glasses.

Any display accepts HSBS; the problem is processing it to frame-sequential 3D. I doubt it has this capability, it is not common for a "3D ready" displays, they just scale and display, at the refresh rate they are fed with, as any regular PC monitor.

I hope it works; good luck. Otherwise, your cheapest solution is getting an AMD HD 6xxx or 7xxx card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

does any series nvidia card support what i need if this is the case? I have never been an amd fan. @ashyt16 I downloaded powerdvd and all it plays is red/blue 3D and I see no settings on how to change it to row interlaced

·
Registered
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masika  /t/1520336/please-help-with-3d-setup#post_24433259

does any series nvidia card support what i need if this is the case? I have never been an amd fan. @ashyt16

I downloaded powerdvd and all it plays is red/blue 3D and I see no settings on how to change it to row interlaced

In the main control panel you will see a 3D button at the bottom, click the gears to the right of this then select 3D display from the pop up menu. There you can change Source format and Display device.

Make sure you click the 3D button to enable 3D too.

I have recently built a HTPC with the MSI card in the link below, it got some great reviews and for the price you can't go wrong. It fully supports 3D and Nvidia 3D vision and plays everything I have thrown at it. I'm not a gamer, so can't comment. Ignore the idiot that made a stupid review , everywhere else the cards using this chipset get good reviews.

http://www.ebuyer.com/611521-msi-gt-610-1gb-ddr3-vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-n610-1gd3h-lpl

http://www.ebuyer.com/385842-asus-gt610-1gb-ddr3-svi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-gt610-sl-1gd3-l

1 - 12 of 12 Posts