AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I hope someone smarter than me can help.

I bought a Zoltrix Genie TV card (from KBK). I installed it with the latest drivers and it seemed to work OK but wouldn't record to .avi files.

Someone gave me the advice to install btwincap drivers from http://btwincap.sourceforge.net.

I tried that but then I got some kind of Windows XP "Serious Error." My computer started working again but now I can't use System Restore to go back.

Worse yet, not my Zoltrix card doesn't work at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling over and over, but no luck. When my system recognizes the new hardware, it tries to install the Multimedia Video Controller with the CxVCap, WDM Video Capture driver (?), but it never can install properly. I get a message saying the drivers are missing or corrupted.

I tried putting my Windows XP disk in my drive and running sfc/scannow to see it that would replace the drivers I need but it doesn't.

Anyone know what is going on? Will I have to re-install Windows XP?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Phoner, i have a Zoltrix Genie TV MAX card. I need it to input the signal from my cable and satellite boxes so that I can watch them using DScaler. The Zoltrix drivers were EXTREMELY annoying. I need to know how you are planning to use your system. If it is for Dscaler, you should get the BTWincap drivers, if it is to use the Zoltrix software, I would suggest that you get the latest drivers from their site.

it seems that your XP is having some serious problems with the drivers. If you can uninstall the drivers by using add/remove programs, do it. If that doesnt work, try going into devicce manager, choosing Sound, Video, and Game controllers, and then uninstalling the WDM video and audio drivers from there. MAKE SURE, however, that you have the Zoltrix drivers ready, because after you restart your pc, windows will detect the zoltrix card and will ask you what you want to do. I would suggest cancelling the installation of the built-in windows drivers, and install the drivers tat you downloaded.

Iam able to use DScaler withmy zoltrix card by not installing the Zoltrix software and drivers, but by installing the BTWincap drivers.

Isaac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.