Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I'm trying to do....

18" dish pointing at 101---->2x4 multiswitch--->DirecTivo (2 tuners), 2 other DirecTV receivers

18" dish pointing at 119 and OTA antenna --->HDTV receiver

I'm able to get the OTA HD great, and my signal strength off of 119 is terrific. However, I am unable to get channels 199 and 509 on my HD receiver. Does the HD receiver require a signal from the 101 satellite as well/simultaneously to tell it I can get those channels, and if so.....

Do I HAVE to have a 4x? multiswitch to make this work?

Thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
No 101 needed. I've got an 18" dish pointed at 119 and all is well. I suspect you aren't pointed at 119, are you getting any of the Spanish language stations? NASA? if you're not, then repoint your dish. If you are,do you get a call ext. 721 message on your screen? You have to have HD enabled and be a sub to get HBO HD, just HD enabled to get HDNET.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm not exactly sure how, but I got it working for a while tonight. (and wow HDNet is awesome!) Then when I shut the receiver down, and turned it back on, it went through the "downloading guide data" again and erased all of my channels, including my OTA channels. Now it says "Channel not available" on 199 and 509 again.

Your 18" dish at 119 is going straight to the receiver, no multiswitch? I have a Toshiba DST-3000. I'll keep tinkering and I won't shut off the receiver again!

Thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Make sure your receiver doesnt default back to a single dish when it aquires data, it has to think its on an oval dish with 2 lnbs. FWIW, I could never get it to work right without the multiswitch, but channel 100 should come in and tell you that you are pointed at the "wrong" satellite, or at least it did when I first tried it. Have you tried just directly going to ch 199 without using the guide?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Davenlr
Have you tried just directly going to ch 199 without using the guide?
That's how I orginally got 199 and 509 - went straight to the channels. I also got the ParaTodos channels. But now they're all gone, as is WRCDT (NBC) here in washington (which is odd because I have 100 signal strength). I gotta get either NBC back or 199 cuz I'm hosting a Belmont party this afternoon!

I'm gonna try hooking up to one of the multiswitch runs to the receiver, then switching back after it acquires data. I assume if I run one LNB from each dish to the multiswitch, that will really mess things up for the other receivers.

Thanks for your help

Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.