AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My samsung dlp has been acting funny lately. It would try to turn on (you can hear the colorwheel turning and everything) but no picture or sound and then it would shut itself down again and start up on its own and I finally I'll get a picture. then a couple days later it would go through that entire cycle again and I would get 3 blinking lights on the front panel. so i thought it would be the bulb. it still has the original bulb. so anyways I unpluged it for a few hours and it started working again!? I even watched a 2 hour movie with no problems and then i decided to turn it off and on again and now i get the 3 blinking lights again. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks

George

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaStp
Could be the bulb nearing the end of its life and having trouble turning on. How many hours do you have on the bulb? You can this from the service menu (Power Off, Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power On --> bottom menu). Or it could be the ballast. Do you have an extended warranty?
I probably have close to 4000 hours I know it was in the hi 3000's the last time i checked in the service menu. no, the warranty is long gone. i already ordered a bulb for 270.00! ouch..

I hope it's just the bulb and not the balast. I never opened that tv before.

thanks for your reply

anyone else want to chime in?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

AkaStp said:
Where did you get a bulb from for $270? I got a bulb for my HLM507 for $200 (+ S&H) from SamsungParts earlier in the year. Something else you could try is to remove the current bulb and then re-insert it to make sure it is properly seated. This is also a good "dry run" for when you install the bulb.

/QUOTE]

I got mine from the same place. i guess the prices went up quite a bit! I did reseating the bulb and no good. It;s weird though because several times now i would leave it unplugged for a long time and then it would turn on just fine. but i just can't turn it off and on again. you have to let it sit. we shall see what the new bulb does.

Thanks again

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaStp
Sounds like the bulb will come on easily enough if its cold but not if its still warm.
That makes sense. I'll keep you posted when the bulb comes in on Thursday.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.