AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my sound system about a year ago and love it, i was just wondering because im a little bit of a noob with it if someone could help me or redirect me to fix a problem i have with my subwoofer.

I have figured out it only does this when i play sound through my system or have my receiver on . it makes a " tick " and then a second later it goes " boom ". I have researched it and the only thing i could find on it is that my house electricity may have been causing it. I just moved houses to a newer house and its still doing this . was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how i can stop it and if its damaging my subwoofer
any feedback would be greatly appreciated. oh im running a pioneer vsx-518-s/-k receiver if thats any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnoyd /forum/post/16938884

i bought my sound system about a year ago and love it, i was just wondering because im a little bit of a noob with it if someone could help me or redirect me to fix a problem i have with my subwoofer.

I have figured out it only does this when i play sound through my system or have my receiver on . it makes a " tick " and then a second later it goes " boom ". I have researched it and the only thing i could find on it is that my house electricity may have been causing it. I just moved houses to a newer house and its still doing this . was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how i can stop it and if its damaging my subwoofer
any feedback would be greatly appreciated. oh im running a pioneer vsx-518-s/-k receiver if thats any help.

could it be a problem with the power cord?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.