AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tv broke and need a new one in the next day or two. I'm considering a 4k, Vizio, Sony or Samsung but I have the follwing question. I have tried searching unsuccessfully for this answer.

Will a 4k tv work with my current setup? I'm not looking for 4k content at the moment but want to know if 4k upscaling will make picture any better, or if it will even work with what I have. I mostly watch TV from uverse and BluRay and dvd and will be upgrading the avr and BD but would like to wait a couple of months for those. Please help

Uverse
Denon 1910 avr (1.3 hdmi)
Sony BDP S360 (2009 model)

Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
My tv broke and need a new one in the next day or two. I'm considering a 4k, Vizio, Sony or Samsung but I have the follwing question. I have tried searching unsuccessfully for this answer.

Will a 4k tv work with my current setup? I'm not looking for 4k content at the moment but want to know if 4k upscaling will make picture any better, or if it will even work with what I have. I mostly watch TV from uverse and BluRay and dvd and will be upgrading the avr and BD but would like to wait a couple of months for those. Please help

Uverse
Denon 1910 avr (1.3 hdmi)
Sony BDP S360 (2009 model)

Thanks, Larry

Any 4k tv will work with your setup, the tv up scales all your content to its native resolution. Some tv's up scaling capabilities are better than others. Generally if you feed a crappy 480i content = crap in = crap out. Don't expect your tv cable to look 4k, it's not going to happen. Bluray should look fantastic assuming you are using the right settings and tv, good luck.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
What is your budget?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm not expecting 4kish with what I have but hoping I can get some upscaling benifits and wasn't sure with 1.3 hdmi.

I will be upgrading the other componets in a few months but my head is spinning right now on what tv to get.

As far as budget goes, I'm thinking

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Thanks. I'm not expecting 4kish with what I have but hoping I can get some upscaling benifits and wasn't sure with 1.3 hdmi.

I will be upgrading the other componets in a few months but my head is spinning right now on what tv to get.

As far as budget goes, I'm thinking

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Ok, Well depending on how anal you are but I will say I looked at this one a HHGreg yesterday and I thought it looked very good, excellent angles, and good 3D performance.

It comes with the 2015 Model 65" TV, Free LG Soundbar and a $250.00 gift card you could use for the AVR.

http://www.hhgregg.com/lg-65-4k-ultra-hd-3d-webos-smart-tv/item/65UF8500

You have to buy in Store I think to get the specials.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
Ok, Well depending on how anal you are but I will say I looked at this one a HHGreg yesterday and I thought it looked very good, excellent angles, and good 3D performance.

It comes with the 2015 Model 65" TV, Free LG Soundbar and a $250.00 gift card you could use for the AVR.

http://www.hhgregg.com/lg-65-4k-ultra-hd-3d-webos-smart-tv/item/65UF8500

You have to buy in Store I think to get the specials.
Did u compare the lg to the ju7100?

The samsung 65inch ju7100 is 2799 and so far has gotten great reviews from members on the forums. I'd give that one a look too!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did u compare the lg to the ju7100?
I'm trying to, I don't see it at BB.

Here's my problem. My tv broke last week so I went out and bought a Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA at BB with about an hour of research.

Now I had more time to look and have a only couple of days left to return the tv to BB. So when I return it, I need to pick up something that is in stock.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I'm trying to, I don't see it at BB.

Here's my problem. My tv broke last week so I went out and bought a Samsung UN60F7100AFXZA at BB with about an hour of research.

Now I had more time to look and have a only couple of days left to return the tv to BB. So when I return it, I need to pick up something that is in stock.
Are u at best buy right now? Ask a manager about the ju7100. Maybe u can do ur exchange and at least buy a ju7100 and have it reserved til it comes in.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I'm in Texas so no HHRGregg near me. BB has the same deal minus the $250 gift card. I will go check it out.
Show the add to Best Buy they will match it.

The LG keeps you in your price range also.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Dunno, I know my Best Buy does not have them either.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I just got off the phone with them and they said it would be a couple of months because it's not in the system yet...I know, that doesn't sound right, does it?
your referring to the 7100? that doesnt seem right. i believe other 7100 owners got theirs at their local best buy. can you get a complete refund on the F7100 or does it have to be an exchange? maybe call a different best buy?

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
Yes, I can get a full refund. Crutchfield and few other places have the JU7100 in stock. Not as convenient as BB.
just to be double sure, i would either call around to other best buys, or have best buy check other stores. it definitely is head scratching, because the JU7100 is available to buy right now on samsung.com, amazon.com, crutchfield.com, hhgregg.com. either way, i would get a refund and find a way to get it, it will be MUCH better than the current 7100 you have and you should get the most you can for your money.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Go look at the LG I posted about, you may be surprised.

2499.99 (Free Sound Bar)

Show them HHGREG website to match the gift card for 250.00, use it for your AVR later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts