AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am assembling my surround sound system and need some advice. I ordered a Denon 1910, and Polk 70's for the front speakers. I have an old 8 inch polk subwoofer that I am going to add to or replace with a polk 505 or the f12.

I need rear surround recommendations. I would just get the monitor 40's but the rears need to go on a wall. One of them will be on a wall that is walked past daily. The rears need to be unobtrusive as possible. Something like a bookshelf speaker on the wall will look like hell. I have seen some speakers that taper down but don't know anything about those. Ceiling speakers could be an option but I heard they don't work well and it would be some work to install them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
Triad makes a lot of flexible options. Like the " sconce " model.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmaan1 /forum/post/18137130

If you want to stay with Polk, their ebay site has the OWM3 for $45 a pair. You might want to take a look to see if they/OWM5 might do well aesthetically.

Thanks,

Don't care if I stay with Polk necessarily but the owm3's look like they should work fine. They have multiple mounting options which is what I need since I will have to aim the speakers towards me.

The inwalls are last on my list due to the work necessary to put them in. Unfortunately the owm3's are not $45 a pair...the cheapest on Ebay right now is $140 ish a pair. So far those look like the number 1 option right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.