AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a X1 to replace my RPTV. I want to position the X1 in a place that would require a screen (pointing at a wall with a window in it).

The problem is, I'm still renting, and my lease doesn't allow holes in the walls for anything larger that picture hanging nails, so I can't get a wall mounted screen.

Looking around, I found basicaly two options: a tripod style screen or the insta theater screen from Da-Lite. I have concerns about both approaches.

For the tripod screen, my main concerns are stability, and the amount it would have to stick out from the wall. I don't have a huge room, and I don't want it sticking way out into the room (which would decrease my potential screen size, because the projector cannot move any farther back than it is now). For the insta theater screen, my main concerns are stability, durability, and price.

Does anyone have experience with either one of these solutions? I'd rather not spend a ton of money on the screen, if possible. Also, any other suggestions for possible implementations would be much appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
59 Posts
You can make a fixed screen light enough to just hang with picture hooks. One post I saw used canvas stretcher bars (like painters use) for the frame. My own custom screen was way overbuilt (oak) and it doesn't weight too much for heavy duty picture hangers.

I would recommend a fixed screen over a rollup unless you have enough money for a nice tensioned one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.