AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually once an evening (or projector on/off cycle) the vertical size of the image will for a split second increase quite a bit, then revert back to it's correct height. I use a 16x9 screen, with the vertical image size reduced for both htpc and hdtv. The problem occurs with both hdtv & htpc.

I changed the green and blue tubes a couple weeks ago. If this happened before that it wasn't enough for me to take notice of. I know the set up isn't nearly as good as it could be, and have to use more point convergence than I should.

Chuchuf will be calibrating it shortly, and hopefully the problem won't occur after that. However, I'd like to make sure the projector is OK mechanically before the set up and calibration.

Has anybody experienced this before, or have any thoughts on what might be cause this? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Ah the hidden problems that the customer doesn't tell you about till you get there ready to calibrate....lol.

Steve, NEC new CRT's?? just curious.

It is very easy in the NEC to knock things (wires and connectors) loose when retubing. I would do a careful inspection to see if something is making poor contact.

I haven't heard of point doing this, but then to much point can certainly give you strange results with the XG's/ Also, any other controls maxed out besides Horizontal Picture Size??

Terry

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So much for my surprise of springing this on you when you're here.

The tubes are NECs. The green is new, and the blue had abut 1,200 hours on it -- very clean in appearance.

None of the controls are maxed out, including horizontal picture size, which required a bit of adjustment to get the correct width. The size of the raster is shrunk with the vertical size control for the proper 16x9 geometry as mentioned above, but that's it.

I'll open the projector up and make sure all the connections are good. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Steve,

Also check the HV leads that go into the splitter block (unplus and dscharge the unit first). If any dust or dirt inside clean out as it may be conductive.

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.