AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - I just got my Z1 today (I absolutely love it) and I think I may have already (accidentally) committed the cardinal sin of HT tweaking ... I didn't write my original service menu/gray scale values down correctly before tweaking them...

I knew I was supposed to and I THOUGHT I had, but I found the menu confusing at first and I'm afraid I might have written down the same value for red, green and blue bias when they were actually different...I know, I know, unbelivably stupid, but that's the situation.

I have them written down at 136 for all three settings, but I'm afraid that might have been accurate for only the first setting - not all three...

Am I correct in thinking these are all tweaked individually at the factory, so if I ask another Z1 owner for their original settings, they won't do me any good? I want to ask Z1 owners any way.

First: does anyone else out there have 136 for their original redbias setting?

Second: does anyone else out there have the SAME original setting for all three values?

ANY responses greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Congrats on the Z1.

I also regretted messing around with the service menu but was able to return the settings to factory.

HERE is a site which has the factory settings in a excel format.

You can translate the site at babelfish...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much Robert, I really appreciate it.

The numbers listed on that site differ from what I have written down.

While I have 136 for R,G,B bias, the site has them at 144, 144 and 149.

For R,G and B gain, I have written down 558, 563 and 563, while the site has them at 551, 551, and 558 (kind of the opposite, with the last two values being the same on my setting and the first two being the same on the sites...)

Robert - you say you restored your settings to the default values. Did they match those listed above?

Does anyone else have any input or advice?

Would it be possible for me to have my projector's grayscale professionally calibrated? That would at least help me restore my peace of mind...And, is there any point in asking Sanyo for help?

·
Registered
36 Posts
It sounds to me like all pj's have their own settings. I guess that they are individually tuned at the factory. This means that every pj will have its own settings for RGB gain/ofset.

So, if you want to restore the settings then use the ones you (should have) written down before you changed them.

As all pj's are calibrated at the factory to the same standards it would be useful to get the default settings and hand-tuned settings for one pj. This would show which way to adjust the parameters to duplicate someones results.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I think you are right, rapsac. And of course I should have written the settings down before I changed them. I thought I had done that, but I screwed up. I wonder if Sanyo has any record of the individual factory settings?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Yes I have also heard that different Sanyo/Boxlight Z1 have different settings from model to model.

I had written down the settings I changed and restored them. Found that site later and haven't verified if they match mine...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.