AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i want to buy a samsung ln52b750 but i'm little confused, is there is a 2 version of this tv ?

one is Samsung LN52B750

and the second is Samsung LN52B750U1FXZA

with to different price

what is the difference between the two set

please help

thanks a lot

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think this is right...the shorter model number is what the consumer goes by. The long version is the complete model number. If you buy a B750, when you get it home look at the serial number tag and you'll see that the actual model number is quite a few digits longer.

If you ever need service, Samsung will want to know the entire model number and the complete serial number. It may be possible that during production, some changes are made to the set and this may be reflected in some differences to the part of the model number that extends beyond the B750...I don't know that for sure but it may be the case.

As far as pricing differences go, there is usually a trend towards the price dropping as we move closer to the holiday season although there are different circumstances that drive that. Since there's no wounded dog this year (Circuit City), there may be no move for the kill. Profits have suffered in 4th quarter the last two years so we may not see the levels of low-balling we saw in 08 and 07 but I could be completely wrong there as well.

I'm a tad underwhelmed by the 'B650' series of these sets. I can't say with a any degree of confidence that it's better than it's predecessor on black level but without the two side by side it's hard to say...it's definitely built with less expensive materials though...no doubt about that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts