AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent $3800 to the guy in jacksonville for a 9501 1 month ago .his ad was on ebay several times under the name flexable4you another member ALSEZ has posted about a 95 that he bought from this guy at his house. I have pmed him(alsez) and got no response. Im sorry to bother you with this but i dont know what else to do. Any suggestions on how to proceed are GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
wow, it makes my stomach flip to hear this, just last night I was wondering if your situation might be headed towards another "did Pedro ever get his projector?" situation. Hopefully some of our more experienced members can offer some help. Maybe some of them are in Florida and can track this guy down. At this point I would probably be contacting flea-bay and the police. It's not out of the question that all the "praise" this seller received here was a set-up to get a forum member to pay-out? I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im ready to go for a little(23hrs each way) ride. There have been more than a couple of threads about this guy and even chufchuf told me he was legit if im not mistaken. Also 130 good feedbacks on ebay is pretty solid i thought. I went and lost the item number so i cant even get his ebay contact information so far i have 2 cellphone #'s and an email adress and the adress i sent the Money order out to . Is there a way to contact ebay by phone? Would they even care since he sold outside of the auction?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Actually, based on my experiences with the seller, I was surprised to hear the indications that he was legit. I also wondered about the effusive praise from the apparent buyer, both initially and the subsequent posts about how it was just too good to retube.

I sincerely hope that this works out for you. If not, contact the Florida Attorney General's office and find out what recourse there is for consumer fraud, contact the post office if you used the U.S. mails at all, and, in general, shake the trees. Good luck - Pat

·
Registered
840 Posts
Madclammer,

Your cavalier attitude about sticking it to Hammerhead Tech after winning one of their auctions.....by not paying....and getting a new Ebay ID if they left negative feedback....left a real sour taste in my mouth about you.

Frankly, I have no sympathy for your situation.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Positive feedback can be an illusion unless explored very carefully. I was going to buy some rare coins from a guy who had +90 feedback; looking closer I found that he was mostly the Buyer for 90 trades and was buying packs of flower seeds for $2-3 each, cheap way to buy a 90 rating!!! We did no business there, too scary for me.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
susan, you are absolutely right. If anyone deserved this its me. Still im very sad.....awwwww the poor madclammer awwwwwwwwwwww.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
the guy could be sick and in the hospital

or he could be a thief

if the later your only hope is to go

in person to his house

if you know where he lives

take your property and go home

XANATOS

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I believe I have bought from them before and got a surplus projector in...surplus condition.

I've seen a number of their auctions in the past, can you get a phone number for them? I thought they were legit too.

Curt

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It would not be worth it for me to go to Fla from MA for this amount of money. Fleabay thieves score again. I have to eat it.:( Let all who read this be advised to buy crt's from the trusted resellers on this forum Terry,Curt,CRT cinema and not from fleabay auctions that sound to good to be true. The thing that makes it even worse is im still watchin my 9pg+ every night and getting it set up better and better and loving the picture.

It is sold to another avs member who has already paid me(i spent the money on the 95) and will be picking it up soon. So i will be needing a new pj on top of it all. Maybe ill give hammerhead a call. I blame no one but myself for this. I had plenty of heads up from the forum on this topic. thanks to all that have replied to my posts.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You are out $3800 bucks and it is not worth it to go there?????????

Tell you what, I have a G90 in perfect condition that I can sell to you for the sacrifice price of $8000. Just send me the money and I will send it to you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thurman thanks but i think im gonna pass this time... 50hrs of driving $350 in fuel $100 food plus no gaurantee of finding anyone when i get there or resolving anything even if i did find them. Im a former amatuer boxer and i can handle firearms proficiently but I still would consider this a dangerouse proposition. If I were suddenly estranged from my wife and 2 small children then perhaps it would be different but at preasent i have 2 much to loose. There is still a thread of hope if curt and terry are acknoleging them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not all ebay auctions are fraudulent. I got this on fleabay - item 2751144851, and took delivery of it a week ago. The unit is spectacular! Totally unused by the company that bought it in 1994!!! On removing the lenses, the tubes were in pristine condition, as were the lenses. I connected my laptop to it, and was able to project a picture that was spectacular after doing the convergence and focus.

The unit came in the original packaging and with all the components (remote, cables, extra input card) in sealed plastic bags. Even the batteries for the remote were in their original sealed bag! I paid $800 plus 100 s+h for the unit. What is your opinion of the price for that unit?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a tracking number ! Suzy Im HAPPY ! well have to see about the condition now. What an ordeal. May yet be worth it though. I watched a movie on the pg+last(temp set up in the foyer) night we sat 5' away from 6'w screen man is that thing sweet! I really dont see how a pj could get much better but its also the only crt i have seen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.