AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to do internet video sharing with a friend of mine. I have a 5080 and he has a 5040. We spent 3 hours on the phone on Sat. with India and Texas trying to resolve my problem, but were unable to. This feature was one of the main reasons I went with Replay over Tivo and have been frustrated so far trying to get it to work. They suggested that I try posting on this site.

The problem is: I am unable to add my friends unit in my internet directory. It comes back with an error saying "Could not contact unit. Please check the ISN". I am connected through a cable modem via a Netgear MR814 wireless 4 port router. The Replay TV is connected directly to the router on one of the 4 ports.

1) I have tried opening up several ports on my router ranging from 3000 to 50000.

2) I have manually entered my IP address as 192.168.0.3 in the network settings and also assigned the Replay's MAC address to that IP on my router.

3) I have enabled port forwarding on my router to match the port configured in the Internet Identity part of the Replay TV.

4) I have hard booted the Replay and changed my internet identity name and/or port number.

5) I have even tried going directly from the Replay into the cable modem to eliminate any router issues.

6) I am able to download channel guides, software, etc. without a problem with this setup.

My friend is able to add me to his directory but unable to send me anything. I am not able to add him at all. He has a similar setup, except he has a Linksys router and DSL. I have also tried adding a Replay that the call center guy gave me with no luck. At this point, I've run out of ideas. I really don't want to do a factory restore, as I have a lot of programs saved.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it's via DHCP, although I do get the same IP address back everytime I reboot the modem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.