AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Problems with my new home theater - my rear surround speakers and sub pickup radio stations! They pick them up at all times when the receiver is turned on regardless of which input is selected. After some trial and error I realized when I unplugged the sub from the Pre Out on the amplifier all radio signals ceased (unfortunately so does my sub!) in both surround speakers and sub. My sub cable is a medium priced shielded Monster sub cable that is running about 20 ft. I can't understand how the sub cable/input is acting as an antenna for the rear surround speakers. I put lots of time/money into my setup and it is being ruined by constant easy listening. I really appreciate any help. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Why are you using the preout?
You should be using the sub/LFE out to your subwoofer.

Ian

·
Registered
44 Posts
AM or FM?

If you pass AM through a crossover you can actually demodulate the AM and get an audio signal. Of course this only works if the crossover frequency is near the AM station.

Try checking your crossover points and see if they can be changed via the receiver setup. Your cable is probably acting as an antenna, you could try longer or shorter cabling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.