AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All -

I currently have the Vizio XVT473SV LED Full-array local dimming HDTV (was rated the TOP LED in 2010 by CNET). I have absolutely no issues or complaints with the TV, but I have been wondering if the the HX 929 offered a better overall picture since it is newer than the Vizio. Both TVs seem to have similar specs: 240Hz, local dimming, Motion plus technology, 1 billion colors, 5ms

Does anyone have experience with the Vizio and has some hands-on time with either the 929 or 950 to tell if the Sony is better overall? I keep reading that all LED local dimming TVs will perform comparably and that only the TV-specific software will determine the better overall picture. Vizio also released a successor model to the aforementioned TV, the XVT3D4SV, that has a 480Hz rate, 4ms response, and supposedly a few more LED zones.

I'm getting ready for next gen console launch this fall and I want to have the BEST LED local dimming TV for the launch.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAUROS  /t/1470459/please-i-need-help-deciding-whether-to-replace-my-tv-with-the-hx-929#post_23257003

All -

I currently have the Vizio XVT473SV LED Full-array local dimming HDTV (was rated the TOP LED in 2010 by CNET). I have absolutely no issues or complaints with the TV, but I have been wondering if the the HX 929 offered a better overall picture since it is newer than the Vizio. Both TVs seem to have similar specs: 240Hz, local dimming, Motion plus technology, 1 billion colors, 5ms

Does anyone have experience with the Vizio and has some hands-on time with either the 929 or 950 to tell if the Sony is better overall? I keep reading that all LED local dimming TVs will perform comparably and that only the TV-specific software will determine the better overall picture. Vizio also released a successor model to the aforementioned TV, the XVT3D4SV, that has a 480Hz rate, 4ms response, and supposedly a few more LED zones.

I'm getting ready for next gen console launch this fall and I want to have the BEST LED local dimming TV for the launch.

From what I've heard the big Sharp full array sets are the absolute best local dimmers and 2nd would be the HX929/950. And then at a very distant 3rd the full array LG and then the Vizio. Maybe someone with hands on experience can help you I'm just sharing what I've read

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.