Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please I need HELP with Sharp sound bar HT-SB300

I will get to the point here, my components are;

LC-C3237U Sharp Aquos TV

HT-SB300 Sharp sound bar

BD-HP24U Sharp Aquos Blue ray / DVD player

My problem is I can't get a single from the Digital Audio Output from the TV using a Optical fiber cable.

I have the TV audio Select set to; Variable...

The Optical fiber cable has been tested and works from the BD-HP24 blue ray player to the sound bar. All other connections are HDMI / cable box to TV / blue ray to TV ... The only way I can get it to work is to use the Optical fiber cable from the DVD player to the sound bar and use white and red component wires from the TV to the sound bar? then I have to change from Line 1 ( L1 ) for TV to Digital 1 ( D1 ) I called Sharp They don' have a clue, at least the girl I spoke with.

"Variable: Sound via the AUDIO OUTPUT terminal is

adjusted with VOLk/l on the remote control unit or

VOLk/l on the TV.

Sound via speaker is muted."

ALL updates are current, what am I doing wrong HELP PLEASE

TV back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ftonm3
I assume you set the cable box and bluray player to output dolby digital? The tv has the most recent firmware?

Thank you for the reply, the answer is Yes & Yes. I think some thing is set wrong on the TV... There just is no single being sent out the optical out on the TV. It has never been used and the TV is about 20 months old.

Bugster

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
On some Sharp TV's you must turn off the internal speakers for the optical out to function correctly. Typically this is handled with the variable output control.

You might try fixed output with internal speakers turned off and see if that makes a difference.

I have also seen some cases where you have to select digital or analog output to direct the output to the proper port.

If you have a choice, you might select PCM 2-ch at the lowest bit rate for a starter in case the TV is sending the soundbar a high bit-rate signal that it can not process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you David I'm looking into this. I have the TV audio Select set to; Variable.(this is what Sharp told me to do) when fixed is selected the TV speakers are on. I'm looking at page 22 on the sharp PDF to big to post but I can C&P it from the Owners manual for Sharp Aquos LC-C3237U

I'm just not how to do this? I will try and report back.

"You can output digital audio to an AV amplifier or

similar device whose DIGITAL AUDIO INPUT terminal

is connected to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT terminal

on the TV. Please select an audio output format

compatible with the audio format of the program you

are watching and the equipment connected.

PCM: The optical output terminal outputs audio signal

in PCM form. If your digital audio system does not

support Dolby Digital, select "PCM".

Dolby Digital: The optical output terminal outputs audio

signal in Dolby Digital form. It reproduces sound from

surround program of digital."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts