AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all is to say hi to all I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

As I've mentioned before I'm extremely new with the entire home theater business, but I like to think that I can do much of everything well with being an aircraft tech. I performed the convergence on my projector the cross hairs look white as there suppose too and so does the white screen, but there seams to be a blue shadow on just about everything is there something I'm over looking. Hope someone can help me, don't know what else to do I performed the setup to the letter just as specified by the manual, I'm lost.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hello...

Step 1.....Remove the blue lens and clean the back side of it. It sits next to the HV block, and if there is any time on the projector, it can really make that lens element filthy! Also check/clean the face of the blue tube.

P.S. Where do you work? I'm an Avionics Tech at Boeing.

Regards, Drew

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you have already cleaned the lens and adjusted the focus both mechanically and electronically the only other reason for the shadow I can think of is the astig adjustment. Do a search for "ASTIG 1270" I'm sure you will get all the info you need. Be careful, lots of voltage inside there.

Jazz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.