AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
A projector+screen setup can save you the space that the RPTV would use up. A 60 inch RPTV is generally not a small piece of furniture.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Projector is also a LOT easier to move around, AND if you only have 60" of width to play with, then the RPTV will consume a huge proportion of the room size.

As long as you are not subject to seeing DLP rainbows, then I would go for the X1.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I made a 60" wide picture with my X1 (to eliminate screendoor at my viewing distance). I had been used to a larger picture before this. But over time I got acclimated to the smaller size and began to really like it.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Having owned both -- and even having lost a lamp way too soon -- I'd go with the projector. Life is better that way (unless you need daytime viewing with it).

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a very small (10'x13') foot room and am shooting a 65" diagonal. For the size of room it is perfect as the seating is on the 13' wall. If I had to put a 600 pound RP in there, it would look out of place. Oh, and I haven't seen any 65" RPTVs for $1k yet, which is what my PT-200U cost.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Forgot to mention that as the RPTV is typically 1-1.5ft deep, by using a projector you will gain that distance in projection.....so you are less likely to suffer eye strain from sitting too close to the projector as you would with the TV.

Oh, I have owner both HDTV RPTV (65" Toshiba) and 3 different projectors. I will never own an RPTV again. My TV weighed 330 pounds and we had to get it ap (and down) a full flight of steps. Never again. I much prefer my 6.5 pound projector!!!!!

:D

Oh. the one good thing about an RPTV is that they rarely get stolen if you are broken into. The damn things are just too bulky and heavy. OTOH, So they take your projector....who cares! With new for old replacement, you could get the newer model in your insurance claim!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.