AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 6882 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been so many requests for people to try to see what other AVSers have, and many who would like to audition speakers, that I started a frappr group for AVS speaker owners....

so please, join and post your setup, so that others can see and maybe one day audition and share experiences in your area:

http://www.frappr.com/avsers

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT to turn into any debates or brand promoting or flaming wars, or it will be closed ASAP.

This is merely to provide a useful tool for folks to be able to see where others are in case they would like to audition something before buying or to share experiences and/or thoughts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I first saw this on the sub forum, then the Ascend forum, now here. I think adverstising rates on the Frappr site are going to be rising!

·
Registered
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD2. /forum/post/0

I first saw this on the sub forum, then the Ascend forum, now here. I think adverstising rates on the Frappr site are going to be rising!

Personally, I don't mind if people advertise, as long as they are approved by the management and kept to a minimal. I would love to hear some of the experts and manufacturers give more detailed and more educated information on why their speakers or equipment is the must have! Not just tooting their horns but also comparing their equipment to other equipment. It would be cool to hear members state "yes, that is my experience or this equipment in no way even rivals what the advertisement says". For example, I started a thread on triads versus def techs. Paul from triad responded, but Chet from Definitive did not. I would love to hear their comparisons and contrasts of their products as educated audiophiles. That, along with, some of the more experienced audiophiles on this forum would make for some interesting reading. I remember in school, they called these debates, pro and con.

Wisardd1

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
advertising and feedback are fine, but this thread is NOT for that purpose.....this is only for all AVSers to share (and post pics) of their particular setups, that is all. Sort of a Gallery with a map, of sorts.

if you need info or feedback on a particular item, post a thread, and you should get plenty of feedback

Reactions: toddman36

·
Registered
81 Posts
Main: Dynaudio Contour Special 25 -- mesmerizing!

Center: Dynaudio Contour SC -- matched perfectly with S 25's

Surround: PSB Alpha Mini -- low budget but get the job done

Subwoofer: REL Strata III -- most acoustically accurate under $2k

Dynaudio Special 25:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Okay, get this thread actually on track:

Home Theater Speakers:

Klipsch Reference 75 series setup:

R & L: RB-75

Center: RC-7

Surr: RS-75

Sub: HSW-15

Aura Bass Shakers: two units on sofa

The Klipsch set is on order and will post a full review at that time.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Done.

Home Theater Speakers:

Digital Phase AP-1's, AP-.7's, and AP-.7cc

·
Registered
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirknelson /forum/post/0

I think the comment about advertising was about the popularity of the frapper site, not the thread.

Yup! So, this is a one advertiser thread!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Klipsch system:

Front L&R: RF-7's

Front effects: RB-10's

center channel: RC-7

Dual surrounds: RF-7's powerd by kenwood km-208 amp

& RS-3ii's powerd by receiver

Back surrounds: RF-7's

Subwoofers: dual svs pc-ultra's - velodyne sms-1

Makeing this a Klipsch 9.2+2 system

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Sign up under your AVS forum name if you can - it'll be easier to contact people that way.

Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 L/R (Will upgrade to SE's)

Ascend Acoustics CMT-340C (Ditto)

Temp Klipsch Promedia Ultra Surrounds

Rocket UFW-10 (Hsu VTF-3HO Turbo on preorder)

Reactions: MajorTendonitis

·
Registered
33 Posts
Front L/R: Klipsch RF-35's

Center: Klipsch RC-35

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-25's

Surround back x1: RC-10

Sub: Energy ES-8 (working on it!)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Cambridge Soundworks surround system in the family room to be replaced with Klipsch THX Ultra2 system soon (I hope). Talk about going from Ford Model T to Ferarri Testarossa in one giant leap!

Pair of Klipsch RCW-5s to be installed in dining room as my zone 2 speakers this weekend.

·
Banned
326 Posts
This isn't a home theater setup, but one for a computer, so excuse my little system.

Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1

dreaming of saving up and getting a real system sometime after college

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings. I am preparing to build a pair of subwoofers for my HT setup. I recently acquired a pair of Klipsch 18" speakers and I am considering building Sonosubs using these speakers. I am assuming a volume of 10-13 cu.ft, but I am unsure of number of ports, their legnth and diameter.

The 18" Klipsch speakers came from a commercial theater subwoofer. the speakers are 4 ohm, with a free air resonance of 26 hz.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinbugles52 /forum/post/0

Greetings. I am preparing to build a pair of subwoofers for my HT setup. I recently acquired a pair of Klipsch 18" speakers and I am considering building Sonosubs using these speakers. I am assuming a volume of 10-13 cu.ft, but I am unsure of number of ports, their legnth and diameter.

The 18" Klipsch speakers came from a commercial theater subwoofer. the speakers are 4 ohm, with a free air resonance of 26 hz.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Hi and welcome......but wrong forum! Goto the subwoofers forums and they will help you. Do a search on "sonosub" and/or under the name 'SteveCallas" and you will get plenty. lots of good info and HUGE sonosubs.

1 - 20 of 6882 Posts