AVS Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 6651 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
Onkyo TX-SR 806

Front - Polk Monitor 70's

Center - Polk CS2

Surround - Polk Monitor 60's

Surround Back - JBL E10's

Subs - Velodyne DPS 12, Infinity PS210




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
My budget HT setup, gets the job done


42" Panasonic G10

PS3

Onkyo TX-SR502

Front - Boston Acoustics T930

Center - Boston Acoustics 525V

Surround - Dayton B652

Sub...none for now, hopefully a BIC F12 soon though
 

·
Answer Seeking / Sharing
NHT, PSA, Denon, Emotiva, Niles, Sony, Oppo, Roku, Alienware, Mac, Rega, Akai, Parasound, Nakamichi
Joined
·
2,003 Posts
My Humble Little Theater

Speakers: NHT Fours, Three C, Threes, AZ's, U1's

Rest of equipment listed in profile including some other pictures.


Nice thread, great to see such variety in this hobby!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Denon AVR 1911

Creek Evolution CD

Monitor Audio RX1 Fronts

Monitor Audio RX Centre

Monitor Audio V10 rear

Paradigm DSP 3400 Sub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
B&W CM9 fronts

B&W CMC2 center

B&W ASW 10CM sub

B&W M1 surrounds (getting CM1 after Xmas)

Samsung 55" LED

Oppo BDP-83 SE

Denon AVR-100 receiver

Musical Fidelity M6i integrated amp

PS3 for 3D viewing

Argon HA1 headphone amp

Sennheiser HD650 headphones

Auralex Sonoflat panels


I put the panels on the wall behind the speakers today, so all done




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Definitive BP7006 Fronts

ProCinema 600 Center(soon to be replaced)

ProCinema 600 Rears(Soon to be replaced)

Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi

Pioneer BDP-51FD

Panasonic 42" S2 Plasma

------------------------


Pretty modest setup for a one bedroom apartment. I originally had a ProCinema 600 system but got a killer deal on the 56TXi and 7006's, $300 for both! Picked up the 51FD for $80 to replace my DV-S5860 Yamaha player which I'll probably end up selling. Next is to replace the center and rears to keep up with the fronts but it sounds pretty incredible as it is so I'm in no hurry. My iPhone takes terrible pictures but i'll try to get some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Here are some bad pictures of my setup.. I have tried all types of Energy speakers but currently have settled with the Take's..They sound good enough for now..


My TV is a 50 inch Panny PX80 and I am running an Onkyo 606 which next week will be swapped out for a Pioneer 1120.. The HDMI board has gone bad on the 606.. I am also looking at updating my front end in the next 12 months. Probably Polk RTI floorstanders or Energy Floorstanders.
 

·
Answer Seeking / Sharing
NHT, PSA, Denon, Emotiva, Niles, Sony, Oppo, Roku, Alienware, Mac, Rega, Akai, Parasound, Nakamichi
Joined
·
2,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat-like /forum/post/19449338


B&W CM9 fronts

B&W CMC2 center

B&W ASW 10CM sub

B&W M1 surrounds (getting CM1 after Xmas)

Samsung 55" LED

Oppo BDP-83 SE

Denon AVR-100 receiver

Musical Fidelity M6i integrated amp

PS3 for 3D viewing

Argon HA1 headphone amp

Sennheiser HD650 headphones

Auralex Sonoflat panels


I put the panels on the wall behind the speakers today, so all done

Nice clean setup! Like the look of the grills off the speakers! By the way, you have the new A100, how is it? Thinking of getting one also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Mine:

Front R/L -Monitor Audio RS6

Center - Monitor Audio RS LCR

Rears - Wharfedale Sapphire SP-83

Sub - AudioSource 15" (next upgrade)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavchameleon /forum/post/19456759


Nice clean setup! Like the look of the grills off the speakers! By the way, you have the new A100, how is it? Thinking of getting one also.

Thanks!

The A100 works like a charm. There are some people (see the 4311/A100 thread in Amps & processors forum) that are having blue rain viseo issues and sound dropouts straight out of the box.


No such issues for me
 

·
Answer Seeking / Sharing
NHT, PSA, Denon, Emotiva, Niles, Sony, Oppo, Roku, Alienware, Mac, Rega, Akai, Parasound, Nakamichi
Joined
·
2,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat-like /forum/post/19460866


Thanks!

The A100 works like a charm. There are some people (see the 4311/A100 thread in Amps & processors forum) that are having blue rain viseo issues and sound dropouts straight out of the box.


No such issues for me

Yeah, I've been following that thread since I'm interested in this unit, but a little leery due to the posted problems.


On another note, I have never seen B&W speakers with a high gloss black finish like you have (at least not there in the USA). Very sharp looking!!! Were those special order? I love the look (not much into the 'wood' finishes here, I prefer the gloss black).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavchameleon /forum/post/19461069


Yeah, I've been following that thread since I'm interested in this unit, but a little leery due to the posted problems.


On another note, I have never seen B&W speakers with a high gloss black finish like you have (at least not there in the USA). Very sharp looking!!! Were those special order? I love the look (not much into the 'wood' finishes here, I prefer the gloss black).

On the B&W CM9, I believe gloss black is pretty standard. You can check them out at BB now. Awesome speaker and room by the way Cat-like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
Vienna Acoustic Speakers


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,063 Posts
Main stereo system (desert house; large dedicated listening room):


Vandersteen Model 3A speakers with two Model 2W subwoofers, driven by a Bryston Model 3BSST power amplifier and Audio Research LS26 preamplifier; AYRE C5mp SACD/CD player.



Audio-video system #1(desert house; family room):


KEF iQ9 speakers driven by a NAD 326BEE amplifier connected to SONY 60" HDTV; SONY SACD/CD player, Samsung Blu-Ray player.



Audio-video system #2 (city home):


PSB Image T6 speakers driven by a NAD 356BEE amplifier connected to Mitsubishi 60" HDTV; SONY SACD/CD player; OPPO DVD player.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,063 Posts
AVgass;


I had 2 plasma sets and had trouble with screen "burns" on both of them. The manufacturers do not view this as a "problem"....#$%^&*(your problem, maybe...not theirs...).


A friend turned me on to the 60" Mitsubishi HDTV/3D projection set (WD60-C9), which has an unbeatable picture (yes, it does!...I've seen them all...) and is only a bit over $1000 on Amazon; I love it!! I will never go back to plasma.


There are 2 caveats:


1) It is 12 inches deep; not 5 inches deep...if that is critical (not for wall-hanging...rofl).


2) It should be used with a computer-type 650VA UPS battery back-up unit ($200), because in case of power failure the fan needs to stay on for 5 minutes or so to cool the bulb. You can also plug your CD, DVD, turntable, head amp, and other gear into it to provide superb protection from surges that kill equipment; a good investment for any system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
This is Cheapbastard Iteration #3. Quite satisfied for now


Ascend Sierra 1

HTM-200SE

2 x Rythmik F15

Harman Kardon AVR2600

Panasonic BD-60K

Airport Express (Music Streaming)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,003 Posts
NotNYT, that must sound terrible.



I'd be curious to hear some comparisons of the JBL and your RF83's.
 
2121 - 2140 of 6651 Posts
Top