AVS Forum banner

6621 - 6640 of 6651 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
Thanks, don't know if you missed a picture of my system that I posted earlier in this thread:

View attachment 3036842

Since this picture was taken I added a MiniDSP 88A/BM and BlueSound Node 2i for high resolution streaming.
Nice looking Cat to boot, and even have a little toy on the right end of the table:D

Darth

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice looking Cat to boot, and even have a little toy on the right end of the table:D

Darth
He's so photogenic! Asher, someone who dares not touch the speaker grills etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hei hei from Estonia,

My setup on the picture:
4x JBL Arena 170
1x JBL Studio SUB 250P
1x Yamaha R-N602 (stereo only)
1x Xbox X for Blu Rays and DVDs (mostly children)
1x TV PHILIPS 65OLED804/12 (Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision and HDR10+)

2x Yamaha WX-030 MusicCast (wireless streaming other rooms)
2x Yamaha WXAD-10 MusicCast (wireless streaming other rooms)

Near future will add: Yamaha RX-V6A for Atmos sound, whit JBL surround speakers (Studio or Arena) / or Elac speakers

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The right side looks like it's missing a JBL Studio SUB 250P! I like the stepped look you got going on from sub to tv!

Reactions: MartinTLL

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hei hei from Estonia,

My setup on the picture:
4 x JBL Arena 170
1x JBL Studio SUB 250P
1x Yamaha R-N602 (stereo only)
1x Xbox X for Blu Rays and DVDs (mostly children)
1x TV LG 65" OLED65C8

2x Yamaha WX-030 MusicCast (wireless streaming other rooms)
2x Yamaha WXAD-10 MusicCast (wireless streaming other rooms)

Near future will add: Yamaha RX-V6A for Atmos sound, whit JBL surround speakers (Studio or Arena) / or Elac speakers

View attachment 3042373
Nice looking room! I'm just curious why you're using two pairs of main speakers? It's fairly well known that playing two pairs of speakers like that can cause some nasty comb filtering and peaks/dips in the measured frequency response. Typically if you need something that plays louder, you're better off getting a larger (or higher sensitivity) single pair of speakers.

Reactions: Kneedspeed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice looking room! I'm just curious why you're using two pairs of main speakers? It's fairly well known that playing two pairs of speakers like that can cause some nasty comb filtering and peaks/dips in the measured frequency response. Typically if you need something that plays louder, you're better off getting a larger (or higher sensitivity) single pair of speakers.
Hei,

I agree that 2 is better than the 4 speakers. For me is music a lot more "open" whit those 4 Arena speakers on a normal sound level.
About sub. I have tested it on the right side from Tv, but a very annoying frequency response at all levels.

About peaks/dips frequency responses. I haven't found or noticed on the app. But for sure, listening loudly, something annoying/scratching (my description) on at higher frequencies is there. Same time, lower frequencies move the air to the ears very nicely. Deep and soft at all levels.

Picture attached whit sub crossover 50-60Hz.

Martin.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I meant a 2nd sub!

Reactions: MartinTLL

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Reactions: brad1138

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's my home theatre with focal kanta fronts, JL fathom V112V2 as sub and back 2 pair of KEF R series floorstanders all equipped with isoacoustics gaia footers, acer predator X34 to display wallpaper of recent movies i had will shift to next by every 10 secs as hook on to mac mini as i can't find a vertical stand for it yet

added a ironman armory below my predator X34 to make use of the light bar

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
NICE setup!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi all, new member here (though I have lurked and benefitted from member’s advice). happy to make my first post!

I was 2-channel guy who finally got a dedicated movie room with projector screen so I just recently moved to 7.2 surround setup.

Here is what I have:
Mains: Eosone RSF400
(Speaker Bs: BandW 602 S3 on atacama nexus stands)
Center: Eosone RSC300
Surrounds: Eosone RSF200 (on Atacama Nexus stands)
Back surrounds: Infinity Ref One
Subs: Infinity SW-12 and REL Q150E
Receiver: Marantz SR5005 Preout -> Power mains: Roksan Caspian M1

Pls excuse the cable mess... will make it prettier one day:) View attachment 3039540 View attachment 3039541
Back the same...Front I’ve Rearranged a few things...

·
Registered
287 Posts
The Mighty Moabs!
Care to take the time to describe how the Be option sounds?
Looking great!
Hey, fancy seeing you here. I'll answer when my issue gets resolved. :)

Reactions: Shimei

·
Registered
I am an engineer, trust me.
30 Posts
Hi I'm new on the forum.
Since Ive started working (3years already), I tried to setup a decent home theater, mostly for gaming and movies, also for music.
I feel Ive hit the limits of what my room allows, but it sounds pretty dope anyway.
Also, looks nice.

Any tips on improving the sound, just by looking at the picture?

·
Registered
Yamaha RXa2060 - HTM12 / Pa460 3way LCR - Volt10s atmos - HT8s rears - (4) Dual JBL Devs - (2) F20s
546 Posts
Hi I'm new on the forum.

View attachment 3048988
Welcome, nice room. Not bad for just... three years.

One thing you may want to try is painting that wall behind your TV a dark color.

Better yet, try this. Go to Jo Ann fabrics and ask them four a couple yards of black felt fabric and some thumb tacks (you’ll have to measure how much you need) and then thumb tack that to your back wall from speaker to speaker. It should only cost you maybe $20 to try this and it should improve your movie watching especially at night.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi I'm new on the forum.
Since Ive started working (3years already), I tried to setup a decent home theater, mostly for gaming and movies, also for music.
I feel Ive hit the limits of what my room allows, but it sounds pretty dope anyway.
Also, looks nice.

View attachment 3048988
I’m new too.
How big is the screen? Ditto on darkening the surrounding walls.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Hi I'm new on the forum.
Also, looks nice.

View attachment 3048988
Pull the center channel speaker all the way to the front of the cabinet to reduce reflection s from the cabinet surface. Even let it overhang a 1” or so.

Reactions: Nick V

·
Registered
I am an engineer, trust me.
30 Posts
Welcome, nice room. Not bad for just... three years.

One thing you may want to try is painting that wall behind your TV a dark color.

Better yet, try this. Go to Jo Ann fabrics and ask them four a couple yards of black felt fabric and some thumb tacks (you’ll have to measure how much you need) and then thumb tack that to your back wall from speaker to speaker. It should only cost you maybe $20 to try this and it should improve your movie watching especially at night.
Thanks, Ive spent most of my free time and money on this. Kind of a childhood dream ;-)
Indeed, the wall behind is way too bright, as is the room in general to have that real cinema experience.
That black felt fabric might resolve that a bit, is now added to the todo list.

I’m new too.
How big is the screen? Ditto on darkening the surrounding walls.
The screen is a mere 55 inch LG oled from 2017. Might upgrade soon, maybe to a 65 inch. Viewing position is about 2.1 metres (sorry, am from Europe) from the screen.
Might want to wait with the darkening of the walls until I improved the screen.
Pull the center channel speaker all the way to the front of the cabinet to reduce reflection s from the cabinet surface. Even let it overhang a 1” or so.
yes, that might improve it quite a bit.
Most recently I moved the center speaker to the cabinet, instead of in front of the cabinet, which improved the dialogue significantly.
This required a different stand for the screen, the center channel speaker wouldn't fit underneath the standard LG stand.
This might require the fronts to be moved in order to align with the center, but it is worth a try.
Also added to the todo list.

6621 - 6640 of 6651 Posts