AVS Forum banner

6681 - 6700 of 6700 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
looks great, where is the stand from?
I received the stands when I ordered the 901's 50 years ago. the 901's worked well with an old Pioneer receiver however the receiver no longer works and I need to find out what new receivers work with the 901's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My humble 2 channel system:
Speakers - VMPS RM30 Series II with CDWG and OXO
Pre Amp - Musical Fidelity A308CR Dual Mono
Power Amp - Bryston 4BSST^2
SACD Player - Marantz SA11-S2
Music Server/Streamer - Mac Mini + Bit Perfect
DAC - Chord Qutest
Subwoofer - Stryke HE-15
Sub Power - Bridged Crown K2
Sub EQ - Velodyne SMS-1

Currently shopping for a pair of new subs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
looks great, where is the stand from?
It was custom built when we remodeled the entire house. It has two dedicated 20 amp circuits running to it also. The right side two sets of shelves recess into the wall about 15 inches. The cabinet itself only protrudes out of the wall about 17 inches.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’m still pretty new here, lurked for years.
I’m closing in on completing my dedicated theater build.

construction is staggered stud walls with a 1” air gap between the walls. Double 5/8” drywall on inner and outside of theater. Both with 2 tubes green glue each sheet.
inside of wall has one wall cavity with Safe-N-Sound batting, and the other cavity wall just open air space.

Front stage is filled with dry play sand, two layers of plywood - also tons of green glue.

Rear riser is 3 separate cavities, one with pink fluffy, one with Safe-N-Sound & the 3rd with alternating of both materials. Each cavity has different volume- supposedly this will be 3 different sized bass traps. Or- a total waste of time. Who knows.

projector -Sony VPL55something

acoustic panels will be coming soon...& bass traps.

carpeting install on January 29th.... omg so excited.

Speakers:
Fronts Klipsch RF7ii
Center Klipsch RC64ii
Sides Klipsch (In-columns) R5800wii
Rears Klipsch RF7ii
Atmos Klipsch CDT5800cii
Subs Klipsch R-115SW x2

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been on AVS for a while and have had the same surround system for over 15 years. Nearer 20, if I recall correctly. I've got really just a bunch of junk cobbled together. It's all been reliable until recently.

TEAC AG-D9260 Receiver
KLH Platinum 525 center speaker
Aiwa SX-NA702 100 watt @ 6 Ohm
Surround/Rear: KLH TW-09B 8 ohm
Powered Sub: Jensen JS800 100 watt 30-150 hz

One of the surround speakers is blown and the Jensen quit working gradually over the last couple years I was having to turn it up constantly until I have no volume left.

So, I've been spending a lot of time on AVS reading speaker reviews.

I've just about convince myself to get the MK 442 from Dayton audio for my center and front speakers unless someone can talk me out of them.

In the market for another audio video receiver too but I have another thread for that.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I've been on AVS for a while and have had the same surround system for over 15 years. Nearer 20, if I recall correctly. I've got really just a bunch of junk cobbled together. It's all been reliable until recently.

TEAC AG-D9260 Receiver
KLH Platinum 525 center speaker
Aiwa SX-NA702 100 watt @ 6 Ohm
Surround/Rear: KLH TW-09B 8 ohm
Powered Sub: Jensen JS800 100 watt 30-150 hz

One of the surround speakers is blown and the Jensen quit working gradually over the last couple years I was having to turn it up constantly until I have no volume left.

So, I've been spending a lot of time on AVS reading speaker reviews.

I've just about convince myself to get the MK 442 from Dayton audio for my center and front speakers unless someone can talk me out of them.

In the market for another audio video receiver too but I have another thread for that.
If going with the MK 442 LCR, why not get a Dayton SUB-1200 or SUB-1500 as well?

·
Registered
55 Posts
If going with the MK 442 LCR, why not get a Dayton SUB-1200 or SUB-1500 as well?
So far, yes, that's the plan. I just don't know what to buy first. I have a working receiver, working front and center, so I guess getting the sub first would make the most sense.

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
Hi,

Just posting my new little addition to my Theater, while I have previously posted my pictures of it on this thread. Those who did not see them, can see them here;
The Chimaera theater

IMG_0217.JPG

It was my Christmas gift, from my daughter living in BC. It is made of African Mahogany wood, and all hand carve from a local BC artist.

Darth

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
Awesome looking speaker. :D
Does that speaker invert all sentences in all movies?
LOL

Speakers and subs wise, I am pretty sure it's done for me. If you take a quick look at my Theater Signature, it will show my latest upgrades on the last 2 pages. A new AVP/4K players/subs/projector, and my journey throughout that thread:p

Darth

·
Registered
292 Posts
HT 7.1 system

B&W
DM603 S2 L&R
LCR 600 S3 Center
DM602 S2 Surround
DM601 S2 Surround Back
ASW500 Subwoofer

I'm about to add an additional Velodyne sub once our Klipsch Cinema 600 living room Soundbar system, which includes a wireless sub, arrives--assuming it works as advertised.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Klipsch RF-7 v1 x 6 (L,R,SR,SL,RR,RL)
Klipsch RC-7 (Center)
Klipsch RB75 x 4 (heights on ceiling as hybrid atmos & DTS-X)
SVS PB12 Plus/2 (LFE)