AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a samsung un55c7000 3d tv, sony 3d dvd player, and just bought the marantz sr5008 that does 3D and 4K HDMI pass-through. I played how to train your dragon 3d and I still don't see it in 3d.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
If you haven't already, make sure that the glasses are fully charged and synced with the TV. Once the TV senses a 3D signal from the Blu-Ray player it should automatically switch to 3D mode, so if this is not happening you may want to double-check your HDMI cables...3D requires high-speed HDMI cables. Lastly, if the movie you are playing comes in both 2D and 3D versions, make sure you're playing back the correct disc for 3D.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been the same since I bought from Paul's TV, I had to buy very expensive HDMI cables for blue ray to play 3d movies and it's always on 3d and not 2d. I've never checked the batteries only because the light comes on the glasses. Maybe I should replace the batteries even though the light comes on? As for syncing the glasses to the tv I didn't know I could do that.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
1. Make sure the IR emitter is not dirty or blocked (it is located in the lower left corner of the TV frame).

2. Make sure the glasses have fresh batteries.

3. Double check your copy of the movie to make sure that it is the 3D disc that you're trying to play. Some titles come with both the 2D and the 3D versions.

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Back to basics. Connect the player directly to the TV, bypassing the receiver. If you can get a 3D picture, then something is wrong with your setup between the player, receiver, and TV.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
BTW, the type of HDMI cable you need for 3D is not particularly expensive...it just has to be labeled "High Speed". If you purchased one that is over $20, see if you can return it for a refund. And forget about syncing the glasses...I mistakenly assumed you had the same set I used to own, which used Bluetooth instead of IR and required syncing.

Reactions: old corps

·
Registered
5,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce  /t/1509110/please-need-help#post_24197186

Back to basics. Connect the player directly to the TV, bypassing the receiver. If you can get a 3D picture, then something is wrong with your setup between the player, receiver, and TV.

Thanks for mentioning that...I always forget about checking the AVR. I guess I keep obsessing about the HDMI cables because my first attempt at 3D was foiled by a very expensive Monster Cable which was, believe it or not, only rated up to 1080i and would not pass the 3D signal.

·
Registered
5,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1  /t/1509110/please-need-help#post_24197205

Thanks for mentioning that...I always forget about checking the AVR. I guess I keep obsessing about the HDMI cables because my first attempt at 3D was foiled by a very expensive Monster Cable which was, believe it or not, only rated up to 1080i and would not pass the 3D signal.

I personally buy all my cables at Monoprice. Their cables are inexpensive, they work, and the company stands behind their products. Plus, they're only 50 miles away from me, so if I order something before late afternoon, I'll have it the next business day.

After making sure he can get a 3D image by directly connecting his player to the display, I think the OP should go back to his manuals and review the hookup diagrams. If he has a dual-output Sony player, he'll need to make sure each output goes to the right gear (TV or receiver), and then disconnect any HDMI cable between the receiver and TV. Otherwise, the player will "see" the same TV at both outputs and won't work correctly to separate the audio and video.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guy' s thanks i'm going to try this in the morning when when I have some free time. I'll put the hdmi cable from the tv directly to the blue ray player. As for returning it I wish I could but it's about three years old, at the time of purchase they told me that I need this cable, that's 3. something I really don't remember but it cost me $68 back in 2010. I've always heard of monoprice after I had bought all my cables, a little late but if I need to buy any cables that's the place i'll go to.

·
Registered
5,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny68  /t/1509110/please-need-help#post_24200983

Guy' s thanks i'm going to try this in the morning when when I have some free time. I'll put the hdmi cable from the tv directly to the blue ray player. As for returning it I wish I could but it's about three years old, at the time of purchase they told me that I need this cable, that's 3. something I really don't remember but it cost me $68 back in 2010. I've always heard of monoprice after I had bought all my cables, a little late but if I need to buy any cables that's the place i'll go to.

Let us know how it goes, Vinny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts