AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to posting here the information in these forums is beyond helpful! I need specific help today so I appreciate any input you have.

How would you rank the following HDTV's from 1-7 (1 being the best of the list). Please exclude Internet features as a ranking factor.

Samsung LN52A650

Panasonic TC-P54V10

Panasonic TH-58PZ800U

Samsung PN63B590T5 (2009 63" Samsung?)

Samsung PN63B550

Samsung PN58A650

Samsung PN58B650

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
They'll all look great. Some will have better black levels, some will be brighter, some will have better blacks, some will have more accurate colors, some are more reliable, some have more complaints, some, some have better customer service. Some have more than one of the above attributes. There is no one overall winner, each has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

What is important to you?

If i had to pick one it would be the 54V10, and if i had to drop two from the list it would be the 58PZ800U (not as good as this year's V10), and the LN52A650 (mostly because i don't think it looks as good as the Panny and Sammy Plasmas).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Randy has it right. I'd drop the same two he mentioned, and have a hard time choosing among the others. Good selection, but I feel bigger is better so I'd go with the biggest i could get within my budget.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
If you get into a dead heat in comparing sets, check the user friendliness of the set. For example, some sets have the manufacturer's name in lights on the front of the set. If this will bother you, count that one off the list.

Check the layout of the remote control, if you plan to use it. Some fit in the had better than others. Some have strange key layouts that seem to defy logic. Look for one that is comfortable to hold and has a layout that seems to be logical to you.

Look at the number and type of hookups the tv offers. Does it have enough of the type you need? Nothing is more frustrating that to be lacking a PC input when you planned on using the set as a monitor. One too few HDMI inputs can be very frustrating.

Finally, look at the screen and bezel design. Some sets have glossy screens that will reflect light. Others have a matte screen that will work better in a room with lots of ambient light. Which one works better for the room you plan to put the set in?

The bezel can also reflect light and be distracting. Smaller means less reflection. Again, just look at what will work best in your room to give you the most satisfying viewing experience.

Whatever your decision, you'll be blown away with how the set performs in your home. They look much bigger, and better in the home than in the stores. All modern sets will outperform anything you've had before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.