AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using a progresive scan dvd player, 9a62 transcoder, component video outputs, and an lcd projector. The projector is set to its proper rgb mode and the dvd is set to the proper prog. scan mode to accept this type of setup. When the picture is displayed on the screen it starts out really small, so I have to resize it with the projectors screen size adjustment on the lense to fill the screen. PROBLEM---The lens is maxed out so much, that I loose picture quality due to the picture using less pixels and the ones that are used are magnafied (the atari effect). When I use to use s-video connections, the picture started out large on the screen and because the pixels were not magnafied/maxed out and more used, the picture looked sharper. Now a larger portion of black bars or halo around the screen appears and even though the picture is shaper it doesnt appear so because of the larger pixel size. Any picture improvement is kind of cancelled out because of this. POSSIBLE SOLUTION--Is it my dvd player (jvc xv-s500bk) having some sizing issues because its not ideally compatable to the equiptment Im using? Should I try another brand of dvd player in hopes that the picture will start out larger??? I was thinking of trying the panasonic rp-62 next.:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.