AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Harmony One was purchased in 2009. Until recently, it worked without failure controlling the devices of my home theater system. Now, it simply will not retain the software instructions downloaded from the Logitech website.

As an example, at times when I press TV operations, Blu-ray operations begin. Other times, while viewing TV, the TV operation halts and another device operation begins.

I want to replace this Harmony One with another Harmony product because at my age the wizard programming is easy for me to handle. However, I do not need to control other home devices such as lighting, etc.

Your recommendations will be appreciated.

My simple home theater system consists of:
Samsung PN60F5500 HDTV
Samsung BDF5900 Blu-ray
Sony STR-DN840 AVR
SCI Atlanta 8240HDC Cable Box
Linksys EA6500 Router (located adjacent to my computer)
Six MK Speakers

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
650 (or 700) is all you need. Very similar to your old One. The 700 is rechargeable, the 650 is not (although I use my own rechargeable batteries in my 650 anyway).

But first, check the battery in your One. If it is badly swollen, you may qualify for a free replacement (Harmony Ultimate Touch).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
650 (or 700) is all you need. Very similar to your old One. The 700 is rechargeable, the 650 is not (although I use my own rechargeable batteries in my 650 anyway).

But first, check the battery in your One. If it is badly swollen, you may qualify for a free replacement (Harmony Ultimate Touch).
Thank you mdavej

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you mdavej. I appreciate your quick response.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mdavej, I thank you again for your response. I purchased a 700 remote and am very pleased with it.

In many ways, for my purposes, it is simpler to use than my Harmony One. I think it is because I find the buttons on the 700 easier for me to manipulate than the Harmony One touch screen.

I also appreciate that the cost for the 700 was much less than the Harmony Ultimate One.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts