AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Looking into getting a sounds system (5.1 maybe) for my house... setup is not ideal for surround sound so recommendations on how I should set up would be great.. but basically the room only allows for the couch to be against one wall then the TV on the other opposing wall.. about 14ft in-between...

so if i want surround sound... there won't be any speakers behind me. Besides that restriction and my budget (hoping to do an entry level system for $500 - $600) suggestions are very welcomed...

Looking for a hook up for movies and my PS3...not really music..so no ipod connection etc necessary..

I've seen the vision speaker deal on:

Onkyo 5.1 A/V Home Theater Receiver (TXSR307B) -- $300 CAD

Polk Audio RM95 High Performance 5 Speaker Surround System (POLKRM95) -- $380

but at this price.. i won't be able to get a sub... or should i go for a HTIB?? or only go for a 2.1 setup??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know if you've ever auditioned sound bars but you could always go that route. There are plenty of sound bars (Yamaha, Polk, Samsung and Definitive) in your budget.

Having used 2.1 in the past , I can tell you that if you have the right equipment, they sound very nice. If you've never had a surround sound system in the past or if you are just use to a TV, a 2.1 is a huge improvement.

What kind of TV do you have? Another option, if you don't want anything fancy and want to conserve space, is adding a decent sub-woofer to your TV if it has pre-outs. You won't believe the impact that has on the overall sound.

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhulio /forum/post/18280180

Hurry before they're gone. Jamo 5.1 $200 shipped: http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search

There is also a neat little Jamo DMR60 package on e-bay For $229. its all the same speakers vans wants $299. for (jamo A102HCS) with the sub200! but you get a DVD receiver with it to power the little cubes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts