AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend a good quality, not too expensive DVD player without the chroma bug which plays both DVD-A and SACD multichannel? Deinterlacing and scaling are important for the future but not critical now since my video processor prefers 480i.

·
23,039 Posts
"not too expensive" means different things to different people.
Oppo 970 with 480i via HDMI is $150. Going higher in price will get better audio but since you have a video processor you don't need any more video improvements unless your video processor is more than a year or so old.

larry

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pooper:

How about a step or two up? Would another $100 or $200 buy me much better audio?

By the way, my processor is several years old - HD Leeza driving an Electrohome 9500LC - but I'm very pleased with it. Doesn't take HDMI.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
FYI: If you are passing audio via a digital cable like many people do, better analog audio is not going to help you.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pass audio both with an optical cable and six analog cables. When listening to DVD-A or SACD (currently separate players), I use the analog cables. The speaker system is Revel Studios, Voice, S30s and M20s - so great speakers, midrange processor/amps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yamaha DVD C750 has a list price of $329 and can be picked up for quite a bit less. I have had mine for a couple of years now and use it everyday for cd's, movies(component 480p output), dvd-a and sacd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.