AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Pioneer 1014 receiver, along with four Rocket 750s, a Rocket 200 center, and an SVS PB10-ISD.

1. Will the 1014 provide enough power for the speakers or do I need to move up to the $800 range for a receiver?

2. Is there much of a difference between the 750s and 550s? I assume the balance would be better with four of the same. Should I consider 2 750s for front and 2 550s for rear, or four 550s?

3. Any other brands that you feel offer higher performance for the price?

I will be using a 13' x 15' living room, which ajoins on the north side with a kitchen and dining area. Ceiling is 8'-10'.

Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think the Pioneer 1014 would be just fine to drive these speakers, the 1014 seems to get very good reviews.

The 550's from what people say are a little more forward than the 750's, but the 750's offer a larger sound stage.

I spent several months auditioning speakers at 3 local dealers I listened to B&W, Paradigm, Def Tech, Monitor Audio, Atlantic, Boston, Mirage, etc. To me the Sig 750's were the best in their price range and at a $1,000 above it. That's just my opinion though as they had all the qualities I was looking for. Build quality is excellent as well, as it should be considering they make cabinets and other things for 16 other companies. They are a great value and if they fit your budget and decor they're hard to beat.

Have you had a chance to hear either the 750's or 550's? If you are really unsure about anything try to find someone around you to give you a demo.

Also go to the AV123 forums and ask people there who have both the 550's and 750's what they think of the sound difference's between the two. I only have the Sig 750's so I can't really say what the 550's sound like, I'm just going off of what some people have said about them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.