AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased BenQ 2150 during thanksgiving and i am not happy with it as it is pretty loud.

I am not sure if this is defective piece or the model itself is loud. I am planning to return it in BestBuy and look for a quiet projector.

Could you please advise me on this?

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Yeah, if it’s not defective than it might be that your expectations are off. The HT2150ST is one of the quieter projectors in the sub $1k market. Try downloading a sound pressure meter for your phone and see what it measures.

If it’s not defective I’m afraid your only real choice is to spend more. The Optoma UHD60 is supposed to be very quiet and beyond that the Sony 45ES makes barely a whisper— but both of those models cost upwards of $2k.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Do you run it in high power mode or high altitude mode? If so, that may increase the fan noise. Otherwise, most people find that the noise is similar to a laptop running. A gentle and constant fan noise, but nothing all that intrusive.

If you demand silence, then the Sony is the way to go for sure.

If your screen size is small and the theater space is dark, then the XGimi H1 may be acceptable as well.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
By "BenQ 2150" do you mean the BenQ HT2150ST? If so most independent testing and user comments suggest that it's above average for quietness. So are the BenQ HT2050 and HT3050 as they share the same larger case with more internal baffling to reduce fan noise than most

1 - 6 of 6 Posts