AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new at the AVS Forum and know virtually nothing about projectors. I've searched the forums, but I'm interested in hearing suggestions on new projectors under $2,500 that would be suitable for Home Theater/TV viewing in a basement theater (no windows, low light or darkness). I want to get rid of the huge TV in my living room and replace it with a screen.

Is an LCD projector the best value for me given price vs. performance considerations? I should mention that I am not a videophile and thus, I'm not looking for super hi-end video - just a very good picture for a very good price. Thanks very much for your comments and suggestions! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

PS: The Epson Powerlite 50C is about $2,000. Would this projector be a good choice for what I'm looking for?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
For under $2.5K, the NEC LT150 is hard to beat.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Take a look at the NEW Sony VPL-HS1... It is a nice HT projector for the price. Though it is no VPL-VW11HT, but it is $4000 less.

------------------

Projector Man

·
Registered
304 Posts
a used sony W400Q will give you 16x9 native LCD panel - great for DVD. no add-on scalers / lenses to mess with

also, honeycomb pattern ==> no screendoor effect

also capable of stunning HD performance

should be able to get one for about $2,000 (maybe less)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.