AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some high-quality earphones (in-ear monitors) for less than $500 that support frequencies above 23khz and have a flat tuning. Can someone please suggest some that I may want to look at?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own a Sennheiser HD555 I got from amazon for $87 like two years ago. It costs $200 now! unbelievable I got a bargain Lol. The HD555 I like the highs but it lacks bass just a bit. I own a Sony MDRXB-300 which does way better at bass and highs in my opinion. I would get the Sony MDRXB-300. But that's just me. If you love bass go with sony if you love highs and don't mind sacrificing deep bass for it, get Senniheiser. Both should be now under 500. Maybe cheaper elsewhere as they somehow raised the price. (odd)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I own a Sennheiser HD555 I got from amazon for $87 like two years ago. It costs $200 now! unbelievable I got a bargain Lol. The HD555 I like the highs but it lacks bass just a bit. I own a Sony MDRXB-300 which does way better at bass and highs in my opinion. I would get the Sony MDRXB-300. But that's just me. If you love bass go with sony if you love highs and don't mind sacrificing deep bass for it, get Senniheiser. Both should be now under 500. Maybe cheaper elsewhere as they somehow raised the price. (odd)
How would either of those fit into my ears?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think you are asking in the wrong forum. If you want in-ear monitors seek out a forum for musicians, or stop into your local Guitar Center and ask them about such a product. I seriously doubt there are any people here that are using in-ear monitors at home to listen to music/movies/games.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you are asking in the wrong forum. If you want in-ear monitors seek out a forum for musicians, or stop into your local Guitar Center and ask them about such a product. I seriously doubt there are any people here that are using in-ear monitors at home to listen to music/movies/games.
I listen to my high resolution audio player as well as my portable computer via an external DAC with in-ear monitors. Others on here are talking about earphones. Is there some other thread that discusses this, other than this area of the forum?

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
I listen to my high resolution audio player as well as my portable computer via an external DAC with in-ear monitors. Others on here are talking about earphones. Is there some other thread that discusses this, other than this area of the forum?
They are talking about headphones, and you interested of IEM's. head over to Head-Fi, they have an entire forum dedicated to IEM's.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
A lot of people do that. Including me. You can fall asleep with IEMs, too.

Head-fi.org is the best place to go for discussions.

The innerfidelity wall of fame is a good source for recommendations. There are a crazy number of choices out there, and I think this is a good way to quickly narrow things down:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-ear-monitors

The UE4 is a nice custom that you can get for under $500, too.

(Oops, I missed the 23khz requirement. Head-fi.org has measurements; look there.)

-Max

1 - 10 of 10 Posts