AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey /forum/post/0


only 4 out of a 101 right now that don't use it for movies. Quite the opposite of what HD-DVD fanboys were spewing for months on end that people wouldn't use it for movies. I love it


As far as I'm concerned, anyone who spews that nonsense is pushing an agenda. Aside from being a powerful gaming platform, the PS3 is a great blu-ray player - why wouldn't a PS3 owner (even if they purchased it for gaming) take advantage of this functionality???? Until someone has a rational explanation for that - I'll discount them as merely being a home teamer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
OK, after reading some threads on the HD-DVD forum, I see the value in a poll like this. . .omg, the completely baseless assumptions made about PS3 owners astounds me. Clearly they have crossed the line from supporting a particular format to just making up facts in hopes of swaying a purchaser or two that Blu-Ray is dead.


I am curious what drives them to be so rabid in their hatred for all things Sony? Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th St. /forum/post/0


I am curious what drives them to be so rabid in their hatred for all things Sony? Thoughts?

Well, they have a right to hate whatever company they want, but the ironic thing is they are siding with M$ which is 10000 times worse than any company out there. There is a word for those kinds of people... HYPOCRITES!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboZX /forum/post/0


Well, they have a right to hate whatever company they want, but the ironic thing is they are siding with M$ which is 10000 times worse than any company out there. There is a word for those kinds of people... HYPOCRITES!!

True and there is a lot of hate for some people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
I didn't say the wouldn't use it for movies. I think they are less likely too because they probably didn't buy it mainly for that purpose. If you posted the poll on a gaming forum, I doubt the result would be 96%. Video fanatics like us on this forum, are more likely to buy it mainly for the BR player. That is the only reason why I bought it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalcanto /forum/post/0


I didn't say the wouldn't use it for movies. I think they are less likely too because they probably didn't buy it mainly for that purpose. If you posted the poll on a gaming forum, I doubt the result would be 96%. Video fanatics like us on this forum, are more likely to buy it mainly for the BR player. That is the only reason why I bought it....


I spend hours every nite playing R:FOM online and talk to people from age 17 to 50. I am 45 myself. I am in a clan which has 25+ people in it as well as I have 40+ people on my buddy list. I also talk to other people who are mic'ed as well during gameplay who are not on my list or part of my clan. Almost all of them watch Blu Ray movies on their PS3. The average age of gamers is 33. They have money and many have HT setups. They are representative of PS3 owners as a whole. Most are NOT members of AVS and in fact I have only met one AVS member out there and didn't talk to him.


We are the norm. These times they are a changing. It is just that the most of the norm doesn't come to AVS, but that doesn't mean they don't watch BLu Ray movies on their PS3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalcanto /forum/post/0


If you posted the poll on a gaming forum, I doubt the result would be 96%. Video fanatics like us on this forum, are more likely to buy it mainly for the BR player. That is the only reason why I bought it....

Here's a poll from a video game forum.
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=52855


84% have bought or plan on buying blu-ray movies, another 10% may do so (total 94%). . .Not too different from this forum. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ and not too different than my unscientific poll of talking to people about their PS3's and Blu Ray movies. I didn't say all, but almost all as in a large majority have watched or were planning on getting BD movies for their PS3.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top