AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is man-cave version 1.0. All the equipment is in (and functioning). I'm just waiting to hire someone to run some electrical and speaker wire. This is the design so far. I haven't done the electrical. Please let me know what you think.

Keep in mind that I'm no draftsman, this is just a little something I whipped up in illustrator.

Room Layout.pdf 362.4599609375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm new here, but, will there be some type of door between your theater area and the pinball machines? I would think that if not the opening would significantly change the sound on that wall versus the reflections from the left wall. Also, what about the lights on the pinball machines, for me they would seem to be a distraction to watching the film.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Blanco /forum/post/20909505

I'm new here, but, will there be some type of door between your theater area and the pinball machines? I would think that if not the opening would significantly change the sound on that wall versus the reflections from the left wall. Also, what about the lights on the pinball machines, for me they would seem to be a distraction to watching the film.

Thanks for the feedback. I had considered closing in the theater but I'm using it now and the sound is great, though it could be a matter of not knowing what I'm missing. As for the pinballs they stay off while not in use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the 'what you're missing' aspect of it. If it sounds good to you then that's what matters most. Cool deal on the pinball machines being off while not being used.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
My original thoughts (not planned out enough to be a "design") for my theater area was similar to yours - but after having kids over playing the pinball machine (open to the room, but not 'nearby') while trying to watch a film - I realized that the two don't go together. If you don't *ever* want the pinball machines in use while watching a movie, you're fine. But I find the pinball machine(s) are hard to resist, and will get used anytime you have guests.

I ended up putting mine in a separate room, with the theater fully enclosed to keep the noise separate.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts