AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I envision as the ultimate remote control... can anyone tell me if it exists..

a usb or serial device which can connect to my pc.. and recieve (and LEARN) IR signals from all my other remotes ... then an interface which will allow me to re-transmit then to all my AV components..

maybe a web page based interface .. and when you click the links they will either send signals to the equipment or link to another page with more controls for a specific component...

i could then use my optical wireless mouse to completly control my system

I could create as many macros as I wanted and never have to try and read the buttons on my remote in the dark again....

I am excited about this and if anyone could help me get started I would really appreciate it.

Wes

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well, lets see. We got IRman for learning the IR, an IR blaster for sending it from the computer. Girder for learning IR signals and donig macros and things. Oh, let's not forget a Fujitsu touchpad computer, with the Net Remote software that is being developed by an AVS member.

Does it esist, yes, but it takes a bit of creativity to put all the pieces together.

-Dizzy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HMMM... this stuff all seems pretty un-refined... the IR blaster ... is it only available as add ons to dish network boxes and the like...and then try and figure out girder ... or can you buy it all in one???

·
Registered
243 Posts
 RedRat might be closer to what you're looking for.

You probably need to customize some of the available software to get it working the way you want, though.

Krishna

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.