AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Radeon 8500 DV, and have tried various versions of ATI drivers, ATD DVD player, etc.. I have a problem and a question.

I use WindowsXP, Pentium III 500, 256 MB, SB AWE 64 Value.

Problem:

On some movies (e.g., Dogma), there is an intermittent sound pause. I have tried every registry/BIOS tweak I can find.

This only happens when I use the ATI Rage SPDIF ATI Rage Theatre Audio Passthrough. 2 channel decoding plays fine (but sounds crap).

For the record, when I try to use the Ravisent passthrough, it merely reverts back to the 2 channel decoding (It absolutely won't save the setting when I use the Ravisent passthrough).

What gives? I don't have DD or DTS capability on my soundcard, so I want to use the SPDIF on the Radeon. Can I use the SPDIF port on the ATI card using ZoomPlayer or PowerDVD?

Question:

I use the card for TV Out only. I want to use this setup for all TV and DVD playing.

Does the Radeon 8500 DV automatically output progressive scan DVD signals to TV Out? How would I know? I have a Toshiba TN55x81 rear projection HD ready TV. Are there settings to ensure HD output on the card (e.g., 1080i)?

Thanks for the help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.