19,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highlights:

Rocket Gibraltar

The Slugger's Wife

Apt Pupil (good Stephen King movie)

Finding Graceland

The Legend of Billie Jean

Among others (I will leave it up to your DVRs to find them).

·
Registered
826 Posts
I enjoyed watching The Dream Team the other day. Hadn't seen that in years, but it still made me laugh. Good comedic actors Michael Keaton, Christopher Lloyd, and Peter Boyle. Highly recommended.

a couple good scenes that come to mind: singing "Hit the Road Jack" on the drive to NYC; Keaton's character trying to freak out Lloyd and Boyle's sitting the van talking about the filming of "Wolfen."

·
Banned
8,246 Posts
Well, DF, the same thing is going on that went on the first 6-8 weeks of last year. They have agreements to show the movies x times during the calendar year (or possibily with some titles as many times as they want during a calendar year) and the bulk of their new stuff comes in during that time.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/0

Highlights:

Rocket Gibraltar

The Slugger's Wife

Apt Pupil (good Stephen King movie)

Finding Graceland

The Legend of Billie Jean

Among others (I will leave it up to your DVRs to find them).

Add the movie "Janis" (a biopic about Janis Joplin) that premiered last week....

·
Registered
19,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of those movies I mentioned are on tonight/early tommorow morning.

If you haven't seen it, Apt Pupil can be particularly unnerving.

I also noticed Kevin Spacey's K-PAX which is a pretty good movie which is on Sat 10PM-12AM.

1941 (Spielberg) is on next Mon 10AM-12n

WOW. What the hell got into them this month!? There is an absolute flood of new movies. Yes, most are mostly poor-mediocre, but some are above average, and in time since Comcast has added them, this is the most amount of new programming they've ever added at one time.

·
Registered
939 Posts
My daughter and I enjoyed watching TWINS last night. Not a great movie by any stretch, but Ahnold was pretty funny and I had forgotten about the small part that a very young David Caruso had in it. His acting has not improved at all.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthstooge /forum/post/0

My daughter and I enjoyed watching TWINS last night. Not a great movie by any stretch, but Ahnold was pretty funny and I had forgotten about the small part that a very young David Caruso had in it. His acting has not improved at all.

You want young David Caruso: watch "First Blood" with Sly Stallone. Caruso plays one of Brian Denehey's deputies.

·
Registered
939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweebe /forum/post/0

You want young David Caruso: watch "First Blood" with Sly Stallone. Caruso plays one of Brian Denehey's deputies.

No thanks, I'll pass. Not really worth enduring Sly Stallone to see another bad acting performance of David Caruso. Although, next to Stallone, Caruso might look like Olivier!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.