AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 1512 PVR2 to dump my DVR onto my server. The capture software makes .TS files in which I then use TSDoctor to scan files and remove commercials. That all works very smooth but once I try to add them into my TV show section of Plex it doesn't show up.

Is Plex not compatible with .TS files?
If not, what is a good video file converter?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have recently purchased a 1512 PVR2 to dump my DVR onto my server. The capture software makes .TS files in which I then use TSDoctor to scan files and remove commercials. That all works very smooth but once I try to add them into my TV show section of Plex it doesn't show up.

Is Plex not compatible with .TS files?
If not, what is a good video file converter?
I'm pretty sure that Plex will not play .ts or .m2ts files. You can look into MakeMKV which will let you change the container format to MKV (which Plex can play) without actually re-encoding the content. Not only will it be faster, you you won't have any loss in quality.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just downloaded a trail of avs4you video converter. I'm running a test with a crappy watermark due to the trial but with a small amount of research, I see all reviews suggesting it.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
That really is an oversight if it cannot read m2ts, ts, tp, trp, ... transport stream files nor image files. Pretty lame and lazy of the developers to boot.
At one point in time plex did see them. When plex was more of an xbmc fork with a built in player. After it moved to a backend type system and dropped the player they dropped disc support. Remember plex uses http/DLNA streams which dont really support ISO formats. Very very few plex clients would support ISO and other disc images

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Plex plays my .ts television recordings produced by SageTV just fine. It doesn't recognize them as TV shows though without the aid of a SageTV/Plex mod, that was provided by a member of the community, that allows Plex to process the files as TV shows.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I guess I should have been clear up front. The .ts files I'm using are TV shows. Where I'm trying to use them is within a "TV Shows" library. When I do this it shows the last episode and none others. When I put them into my "Movies" library they do display but scattered and not categorized.

I'm wanting to make this work within the TV Shows. I've tried to TsMuxer the files into every type but that doesn't change it. I have tried to use the trial of avs4you converter into many different types with no luck.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well I guess I should have been clear up front. The .ts files I'm using are TV shows. Where I'm trying to use them is within a "TV Shows" library. When I do this it shows the last episode and none others. When I put them into my "Movies" library they do display but scattered and not categorized.

I'm wanting to make this work within the TV Shows. I've tried to TsMuxer the files into every type but that doesn't change it. I have tried to use the trial of avs4you converter into many different types with no luck.

Can anyone help?
As far as I know, Plex file support doesn't vary whether it's movies or TV shows. Are you sure you have the latest version? Have you tried asking on the Plex forums?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts