AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to damage speaker during transportation. Speaker is Monitor Audio bronze Center.

I dont hear any noticable distortions but sound must be worse than original. (i dont know, i damaged them before first plug and try).

How can i repair this? Should i repair this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I wouldn't. If the speaker performs well enough (and it should) I would just put the grill on it and move on.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynos6600  /t/1520547/pls-help-how-to-repair-speaker#post_24428217

How can i repair this? Should i repair this?
You can't. It would have to be reconed, which requires the correct tools, the knowledge how to use them, and the correct replacement cone/voice coil/spider/gasket. Parts Express offers a recone service, check with them. It may be less expensive to replace the driver.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

If it sounds fine as is, I would not bother with a repair.  Put the grill back on it and listen to it.

If it upsets you that it is damaged, then you either need to replace the driver or have it professionally reconed.  Which is less expensive depends on what a new driver costs.  But if the old one still sounds fine, it will be money spent that does not improve the sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts