Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just recently got the LP350 and was wondering about the best set up options. I am new to all this so need all the help I can get.

I will hook it up to DVD Player Toshiba SD 2109 via S-Video.

* what type of screen, size, distance from proj?

* what do I set my DVD player to, 16.9 or letter box (like I have when I watch on my 4.3tv)

* will it still show the black bars on the screen

* what do I set the projector on..letterbox or 16.9.

Basically the best combination for maximum viewing pleasure and great pic quality.

What quality can I realistically expect and does anyone have any screen shots so I can get an idea.

I anxiously await your replies,

Steve

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Since most DVD's are widescreen anamorphic, you will want to set your DVD player to 16:9 and your projector to the same. This will send a higher resolution image to your projector which will do the squeeze itself. You will still have black bars, yo should have a 16:9 screen or a pulldown that you can pull down part way. 4:3 projected big is not easy on the eyes. You may have to switch you projector back over to normal when viewing non-anamorphic DVD's. The DVD player can be left alone, it will do one of two things, depending on the model. It will either pass the 4:3 image out unaffected, or letterbox it on the sides so that it appears within the 16:9 window. Play with it and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am still tweaking my setup

JVC723GD DVD via Monster 8M sVideo to LP350 ->DaLite HC PermWall [80x45in 16x9 0.8 gain gray screen]

But here is what I know:

0. Need to Block/Shield Light spill from Front of PJ

1. Use a Good quality sVideo cable

2. Want a screen masking system for 2:35 films

3. Saw Stewart 1.5 gain screen w/Yamaha PJ lotsa PUNCH

4. Would like to see what DaLite Pearlescent 1.5gain looks like

5. Permanent Screens have NO wrinkles

6. http://www.shopcousinsvideo.com/dalcutmat.html is cheap$$

7. 1300 lumens is more like 1000 lumens w/Video input

8. 1000/33.3sqf*0.8=24 lumens/sqft still Requires NO ambient light

9. Avia setup disk is a MUST

1 - 3 of 3 Posts