AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie, both to these forums and to the world of HDTV. I'm buying a new house and decided a new TV would go nice with it. But, since I'm stretched thin with home costs I'm having to go budget on the TV. After reading tons of threads here I've narrowed my choices down to the following two models which I've found to be virtually identical in cost (tv + extended warranty + shipping):

Olevia 537H

Emerson EWL3706

Right now I'm leaning towards the Olevia as it seems to have a good feature-set, 1600:1 contrast versus 1000:1 for the Emerson, and a larger pool of good reviews overall for the Olevia brand (spanning different but similar models - 237, 337, 537, etc).

The Emerson has also been talked up a bit, but since it's only available at Wal-Mart it doesn't seem that nearly as many people have had experience with this set. However, the Wal-Mart angle is a plus as I can return it easily to the store within 90 days, whereas I'm stuck with the Olevia once I buy it.

Now I'm just stuck, so I look to you guys for guidance. Being a newbie, any insight on how the specs between these models compare, how the PQ compares for those that might have experienced both (I have not found either locally), and any other issues between the two will be of great help. Again, price is the same for both and aesthetically they're pretty much identical.

Fire away!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome AVSForums...

If I was like you I would go and get the Emerson EWL3706 over the Olevia 537H. The Emerson have ClearPixel Engine that improves contrast, brightness, smoothness and etc..

QAM Tuner

ClearPixel Engine

Dolby Digital through Digital Coax Audio

176 Angle Viewing Area

FUNAI has done a lot of good this to the Emerson EWL3706, I would wish they would make a larger set though for my living Room. But I really enjoy the Emerson HDTV. I've posted pictures here in the forum. But I need a better digital camera to really show off the set features those.

Warranty: 2 years on LCD Panel, 1 years on parts and 90 days on labor

Extended warranty is a real deal: 4 years on LCD Panel 3 years on Parts and 2 years 90 days in-house repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.