Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, here's my setup:

Sammy HLP4663W DLP tv

HD-210 high-definition with tivo satellite box with DirecTV service

Sony V444ES receiver

Def-Tech tower surround sound blah blah blah

For some reason, I get an awful audio sync delay on some occasions. From what I can tell, it's usually when the weather is bad for local off the air stations (I've read that this is normal?), but whenever I watch channel 76 which is Discovery HD I get an audio delay of almost 0.5sec +! This is a guestimate but it is pretty bad.

So, is this because I am running HDMI from the HD-210 to my Sammy, but using the V444ES stereo surround sound receiver for all audio? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thought I'd ask here before calling in for tech support.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, after reading almost 30pages in the HLPXX63 thread, I see that this is just a common thing unless you have an AVR with audio delay capability. Lame. Too bad I can't delete the post.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Samsung has authorized a service call to replace both my analogue and digital board (new firmware inside that matches). Is there anything with the new boards that I need to be aware of?

Samsung tech support level 2 has also told me that the new HLR series tv's have addressed this problem - just an interesting note. Not sure how that is done, but thought I'd pass it along.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.