AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also include the name of your local TV market area. (ie: NYC, LA. SFRAN, CHI, BOSTON, WASH) and the first eight digits of your access card.

Maybe we can track the new rollout and if you get missed then you have some info to use if you wish to complain to D*.

Newbes, to get your upgrade info click your on-screen menus in this order:

TV HOME / SETTINGS / SYSTEM TEST / SYSTEM INFO / UPGRADES

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryB153
Also include the name of your local TV market area. (ie: NYC, LA. SFRAN, CHI, BOSTON, WASH) and the first eight digits of your access card.

Maybe we can track the new rollout and if you get missed then you have some info to use if you wish to complain to D*.

Newbes, to get your upgrade info click your on-screen menus in this order:

TV HOME / SETTINGS / SYSTEM TEST / SYSTEM INFO / UPGRADES
Sorry partner. Im not even posting the first FOUR digits of my access card number. That info is too private to be posting on an open forum like this. I will post the date and time with Time Zone though. Hows that??? :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I received the 3.7 on April 22, 2019. My access card number is: 0006 5555 1212. My account number is 007552121. My social security number is 120-12-555. My Visa credit card number is: 2440 2490 3150 3540 and the expiration date is November 29, 2004 (SHIVA). I live in Gullibleville, CA. If there is any other personal information you want me to post on this public forum please let me know.

I especially like the new feature of the upgrade that has changed the OS to Linux and allows us to now transfer a program from a UTV to a Directivo. There is one major bug with the new upgrade, however. Whenever your UTV is plugged in it loses all the epg listings and when you unplug your UTV the epg listings are restored, but once you plug your UTV in again you lose the entire epg.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves. The 3.5 upgrade last year was needed far more than 3.7, and I don't remember anywhere near the same hysteria as now. When 3.7 is released, and you have a P4, you'll eventually get the upgrade.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Calm down folks. I am not an expert on this so if you have better information then please let us know. But I think the access card number is more similar to a serial number than a credit card access number. I don't think posting a portion of it (or all of it) really compromises you privacy or allows your service to be compromised. Does anyone know more precisely how this works who can give a more definitive answer?

Clip

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry! Just trying to be helpful.

I have two access cards, one begins with 0008 7751 and the other begins with 0008 8096. I am in the New York Metro TV market.

If anyone can use this information to make trouble, god bless you!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Larry, I think you have a good idea, if you got the update post your city, state and the date, and I'll plot the info on a map and then post it on my website, which I'll post a link to as soon as I get the map up, that way we'll be able to see how DTV runs its operations. It might just be kinda cool. If none of the rest of you think so, oh well, at least I do.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Maloney, yes, please go with the map. I'll look for a pattern in any "partial" access card numbers we get.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think we should start a chat room and everyone should join in as they recieve the update. Then, you will know the instant I recieve it. I check my system info/upgrades every 5 minutes to see if it's coming. I just can't live without these new features!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TimGoodwin
Every five minutes???? Get a life!
I really think vegout was kidding. I hope you are too! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I received 3.7 on one of my two UTV's last night (4/22 1:29am).

The one I received it on was powered off.

I'm in the Denver market and my P4 card starts with 0006

·
Registered
524 Posts
In the past it's been dtv practice to do it by access card and location. This is why some say on the east coast will get in one day and others a few days latter. I have seen this with my utv and e86. I guess they could do them all in one shot if they wanted too. ;)

If it wasn't for the announcement you wouldn't know you got an upgrade, like it not that obvious.. :eek:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm in Denver, I got 3.7 last night around 1am.

Anyone know how to easily switch to your custom channel lineup with 3.7?

With 3.5 I could just hit the guide button multiple times to switch between channel lineups. That doesn't work for me anymore.

The record from buffer is handy.

Al

·
Registered
83 Posts
Al:

There is a checkbox in the option section of the favorites that will enable that feature. The details are listed in the new features in the help menu.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
markf57,

Good to hear. Thanks, I missed the new features section... I'll check that out.

Also, as an fyi... I don't have a phone line hooked up so as mentioned by a few other folks this update is coming down via satellite as opposed to phone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
To everybody who received 3.7: Was your UTV off when it received the update? Do you receive it "faster" if it's turned off?

I know it'll get here when it gets here, but I'm really sick of 100 MTV shows recording every week since they like to reshow the whole current season every other day. :)

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.