1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
You could remove the back case (it just unscrews, then you would normally screw it back) and solder directly to the plug, wrapping tightly and/or using heat-shrink tubing to provide protection and strain relief. You _might_ be able to ream out the back to accommodate an 8 mm wire, but that's fairly large for such a small plug.

Virtually all long microphone runs use balanced cable with XLR connectors, or at the very least 1/4" TRS (stereo phone) plugs. You could use one of those and then an XLR or TRS to 1/8" adapter at the end.

HTH - Don

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 /forum/post/18195213

You could remove the back case (it just unscrews, then you would normally screw it back) and solder directly to the plug, wrapping tightly and/or using heat-shrink tubing to provide protection and strain relief. You _might_ be able to ream out the back to accommodate an 8 mm wire, but that's fairly large for such a small plug.

Virtually all long microphone runs use balanced cable with XLR connectors, or at the very least 1/4" TRS (stereo phone) plugs. You could use one of those and then an XLR or TRS to 1/8" adapter at the end.

HTH - Don

ok thanks, does the link MandM provided look correct? Then I will use an adapter to get it to 3.5mm. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasamiller /forum/post/18195249

ok thanks, does the link MandM provided look correct? Then I will use an adapter to get it to 3.5mm. Thanks!
Yes, 1/4" TRS to 3.5mm adapter. Don't even think about trying to solder standard mic cable to a 3.5 mm plug!

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Yes, the link looks correct.

And, what Wayne said ( a bit more forcefully than did I).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts