AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm relatively new to this Forum, so I also have this thread listed under the Portable A/V forum.

We are looking for an inexpensive, reliable, and easy to connect wireless conference microphone system (at least 16 microphones). So far we have explored Revolabs, Bosch, and Audio-Technica. All of them have attributes we're looking for, but not really the price.

Is there a solution that you could suggest? Currently we are using a combination of wired and wireless microphones with an 8 input snake, mixer, and a listening assistance system. Needless to say, it hasn't been very effective and has been quite burdensome to put together for a meeting that only happens twice a year.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hi ejones,

This is a home theater forum. You’d be better served at a professional audio forum such as the ProSoundWeb .

That said, I do know something about pro systems, since I used to work as an installer. It seems to me that your expectations are a bit unrealistic.

For starters, you can’t do wireless cheap, unless you like static, noise, drop-outs, etc. Good wireless mics cost in the $3-400 range, each, minimum. Wired mics, on the other hand, are much cheaper, at about $100 each plus the price of a good cable with Switchcraft or Neutrik connectors.

Also, there is no such thing as a “plug and play” portable system on the scale you’re talking about (i.e. that many mics). Any portable system by its nature will require setup. If you truly want “plug and play,” the closet thing to that would be a permanently-installed system, which of course will run the "price of admission" even higher.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts